• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage August Auction

441 posts in this topic

I can't believe someone with deep pockets has me outbid on the New Adventure #27. That sucks. It's already over $1000--on a 1.8 book that's not even a key! I guess it's the rich collectors' world...

Oh well. I'll just console myself at Con in a week. That kind of $$$ is better spent elsewhere.

Uncle Scrooge #11 in CGC 9.4 (not 9.6 or 9.8 or 9.9) is already at $4000 ($4780 after buyer's premium) (9.2 guide price is $325)

:o:screwy::o:screwy:

the apetite for high grade material, even for non-keys / niche Genre's like Ducks, never ceases to amaze me. All it takes is at least 2 bidders to really want something, and the Price Guide is once again, just a fly swatter

I can't believe someone with deep pockets has me outbid on the New Adventure #27. That sucks. It's already over $1000--on a 1.8 book that's not even a key! I guess it's the rich collectors' world...

Oh well. I'll just console myself at Con in a week. That kind of $$$ is better spent elsewhere.

its a very well presenting 1.8 extremely rare new adventure....

i wouldnt be surprised if this book hits around the $3k mark as many collectors need it for their runs.

B.

It wasn't me (shrug)

Crazy that bidding is already that intense. NA 27 is so rare that it gets the "Ill pay whatever I have to" bidders

Uncle Scrooge #11 in CGC 9.4 (not 9.6 or 9.8 or 9.9) is already at $4000 ($4780 after buyer's premium) (9.2 guide price is $325)

the apetite for high grade material, even for non-keys / niche Genre's like Ducks, never ceases to amaze me. All it takes is at least 2 bidders to really want something, and the Price Guide is once again, just a fly swatter

This book is the one and only top census copy. If it's Barks and it's top census, it goes nuts at Heritage lately. Just wait until bids come in on the 9.6 dual top copy of US #8. Should be an interesting comparison since there are 2 copies at 9.6 vs. the 1 9.4 of #11.

This book is the one and only top census copy. If it's Barks and it's top census, it goes nuts at Heritage lately. Just wait until bids come in on the 9.6 dual top copy of US #8. Should be an interesting comparison since there are 2 copies at 9.6 vs. the 1 9.4 of #11.

The 9.6 #68 is already at $1000 too. These may or may not be real bids, though. I remember in the last auction a bunch of Uncle Scrooges were at insane price levels weeks before the end and then miraculously all the prices dropped back down to more realistic levels, as if a bid had been withdrawn or cancelled somehow. These two particular books have jumped to such extreme highs so fast that I`m skeptical at this point.

The 9.6 #68 is already at $1000 too. These may or may not be real bids, though. I remember in the last auction a bunch of Uncle Scrooges were at insane price levels weeks before the end and then miraculously all the prices dropped back down to more realistic levels, as if a bid had been withdrawn or cancelled somehow. These two particular books have jumped to such extreme highs so fast that I`m skeptical at this point.

I didn't know. One time is hm Two times is (tsk)

I'm surprised to see the Cap 74 so high...it has a CONSIDERABLE miscut.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:gossip: WM copy -- glossy cover and white pages.

I'm surprised to see the Cap 74 so high...it has a CONSIDERABLE miscut.GOD BLESS...

Beat me too it, and one the highest graded being only a few 7.5's and one of those has a fugly grease pen and hasn't been able to sell at an asing price of $6,750. I'm guessing this book will push $6,000 when the dust settles.

Beat me too it, and one the highest graded being only a few 7.5's and one of those has a fugly grease pen and hasn't been able to sell at an asing price of $6,750. I'm guessing this book will push $6,000 when the dust settles.

I think our Mr Bedrock used to own it -- I recall seeing it in his store.

That is just amazing to me. It sold in 2005 for $3450.

Beat me too it, and one the highest graded being only a few 7.5's and one of those has a fugly grease pen and hasn't been able to sell at an asking price of $6,750. I'm guessing this book will push $6,000 when the dust settles.

Yes and no, its one of the better covers that is hard to find in FN or better (much like the Cap #77) and this is the only pedigree copy I know of? Has to be a grail for a Cap collector who focuses on the tail end of the run, its in my top 10 favorites for sure. :cloud9:

Guy Rose sold a copy at our little Sunday Richmond show for $ 500 about 15 years ago...probably a VF ....a NM Avengers 1 went for a thousand and a Thunda 1 in VF for $ 550. Times sure have changed.It was around that time that I first broke the 200 dollar barrier...Challengers of the Unknown # 1 ...probably a fine.That Cap 74 was a real beaut...been captivated by it ever since. I just get turned off by a miscut probably more than anything except tape or brittleness. I'm sure it's awesome....I've never seen a White Mountain in the flesh.GOD BLESS...

I've often wondered the same thing...it may be one of the 7.5's for all I know.I'm not sure who bought it...I think it was a fellow named Bill who was a corporate Vice President of a large east coast bank....it's been a long time.Next time I see Guy I'll ask him.GOD BLESS...

its a very well presenting 1.8 extremely rare new adventure....

i wouldnt be surprised if this book hits around the $3k mark as many collectors need it for their runs.

B.

For $3k I'll pick up a Phantom Lady #17 and bide my time; or a nice mid-grade Jungle 1 and GA Daredevil 1.

I will find a NA 27 and pay what I want to pay. It may take 15 years but it will happen.

I sure would hate to be a fly. That thing is getting huge.