• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know this person?

8 posts in this topic

Nope.

But anytime I see a less than 10 feedback seller selling ASM 1, X-Men 1, FF 1, etc. - the super high ticket items, I tend to automatically assume it is a scam. You would think these people if nothing else from a common sense perspective would sell off their common bulk stuff for the first 25 or so sales and actually get some feedback before going for the proverbial "home run". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What is even worse is that they alway say cashiers cheque or MO only. Come on...how stupid do they really think we are. 893frustrated.gif

I don't think they are trying to sell to "us". I think they are likely trying to sell to a green, or overzealous speculator. confused-smiley-013.gif

How many green or over zealous people are there out there who would be purchasing a spidey #1 and not have knowledge of the market.

If I was going to rip off someone....then I would be flogging fake Hulk #181 9.6's or ASM #129 9.6's. That's where the ignorant and speculators can be hooked.

How many green or over zealous people are there out there who would be purchasing a spidey #1 and not have knowledge of the market.

If I was going to rip off someone....then I would be flogging fake Hulk #181 9.6's or ASM #129 9.6's. That's where the ignorant and speculators can be hooked.

Enough to make this guy put one up. I betcha it sells.

In answer to your first question above, I'd say the answer is, "a whole lot more than there were 5-10 years ago." And if you have a modest reserve, all the better for hooking such a fish... I think the only way this one doesn't happen if is the reserve is too high.

One way to get a better sense of the (il)legitimacy of this auction would be to contact the seller and discuss the feasibility of meeting in person to complete the transaction. When the answer to that is a big negatory, you know it's definitely a scam.

As for the other titles you mention, I agree those are good candidates, but you can't go wrong with ASM #1 - I can imagine plenty of non-collectors viewing that as a 'trophy piece' to hand around the neck of their third wives/husbands...