• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Special for the boards....

44 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

Pop Culture Trading Pins wanted to do something special for the boards. So before we release the first set of Trading Pins featuring Goldenage favorites we are offering this to board members.

Series 1 of Goldenage favorites features the Black Terror, Fighting Yank and the cover to Startling Comics 49. The edition size is set at 500 for Black Terror, 500 for Startling Comics 49 and 300 for Fighting Yank. Each pin is serially numbered on back and features the Pin on Pin design. “Pin on Pin” means 2 pins are riveted together to form one. This makes for a killer presentation and gives them a heavy coin feel. This is no button or cheap piece of metal.

I am offering 15 serially matched sets of low numbers. These are matched serially numbered sets with pins #6/500 to #20/500 of all three designs. In addition, the first 50 pins of Startling Comics 49 have the gold coating treatment. The rest are coated in black metal. Also, the first 50 pins of Fighting Yank contain black metal instead of black Cloisonné fill.

In case you’re wondering our very own Matthew Kirscht provided the art on these and he really went the extra mile for us. Thanks Matthew. Again, numbers 6-20 from each design will only be available as serially matched sets. This is series 1 so get on board now.

Post the :takeit: or shoot me a PM to reserve yours. I’ll respond with the payment information. These pins have not been listed on our homepage.

Lastly, I cannot guarantee a certain number. What I can guarantee is a matched set between 6-20. The sets will begin shipping next week and are priced at $45 shipped.

Here is the art for the pins. They are 1 ¾”tall. Once you get them in hand you'll be amazed at the detail crammed into something metal under 2".

Starling Comics 49- Girl is front pin & everything else is secondary back pin.

Black Terror- Robot is front pin. Everything else is secondary back pin.

Fighting Yank- Fighting Yank and bomb are front pin. The explosion is secondary back pin.

CLICK ON THUMBNAIL FOR LARGER PICTURE

th_StartlingComics49crop.jpgth_BlackTerror-card-2-2.jpgth_FightingYank-crop.jpg

Andrew's pins are very nice. I picked up the gem city archie one (not even an archie fan) and the quality is unbelievable. When I saw the original prototypes almost two years ago, I thought they were winners.

Andrew's pins are very nice. I picked up the gem city archie one (not even an archie fan) and the quality is unbelievable. When I saw the original prototypes almost two years ago, I thought they were winners.

Thanks for the kind words. Shiverbones is doing everything possible to get that first prototype from me. HA HA HA.

I’m hoping the Goldenage Series of trading pins introduces more people to these awesome characters as the boards did for me. I didn’t know who the Black Terror was until I signed up back in 2004. Since then I learned and discovered so much more. This is my way of giving back.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of the back stamp. We used a slightly larger font and numbering on the Fighting Yank compared to the other 2 designs. I like it better.

In case you’re wondering this is what the backstamp looks like…

FightingYankbackstamp.jpg

And here's where the Fighting Yank image came from...

fightingyank7.jpg

I believe that is the scan Matthew used for the pin art. The flag on his chest was the hardest part to get right on something that small. At one point we thought of raising his left arm to hide it or leaving it out entirely. But we really wanted that dang flag. It worked out great in the end.

BTW way folks....Feel free to list suggestions of other public domain characters and covers you want to see in made for our next series. We plan to release a new set every 6 months and are open to all ideas. Black Cat 50 has been thrown out but the color hues will make it tough.

Also, we are working on more license contracts so expect to see lots more on that front in the VERY NEAR future. We recently added Harvey Publications. We have a some great ideas to get that "ROCKET" up off the ground.