• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! GPA raises prices

239 posts in this topic

Also, to clarify, the new system allows you to login from two unique PCs (regardless of IP address) - when you try and login from a third it will let you know that you need to "de-authorize" the other PCs to continue - this will be allowed on a limited basis per month to see how we go. So for those who use it from home and office (or home and laptop, etc) will be fine. We will be monitoring concurrent connections more diligently now.

Now how will this work with people who travel a lot?

We haven't seen our home in two months. I have already used four different IPs this month alone. Then we keep and maintain multiple homes plus an office. I also run an anonymous program like this one...

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/index.html?id=KNC-AK0343033364&HBX_PK=anonymizer%20software&HBX_OU=50&att=broad&gclid=CMew7M_oypQCFSQtagodXV-ilQ

Just an FYI, I wouldn't use it during a Paypal transaction ;) They locked my account thinking it had been hacked.

We don't do it via ISP or IP address, or anything like that. It is based on the actual machine you are logging in from (the physical computer) from one browser. So if for example you have a laptop then this is one unique PC no matter where you are.

Ummm....you probaly had a better chance with my IP address than my physical computer :insane: We have two laptops and 4 desk tops at our primary house. There is another 10 desk tops at the office and one more at the ranch. Then last but not least, the BlackBerry.

George Are you still here?

Clear up one thing for me. With the updated cost structure, is there now a monthly charge every month, or will we still be able to pay a yearly fee and not have the revolving charge.

I do not care if the cost is the same.

I had just rather have 1 charge per year. Not 12. (thumbs u

Just one price/tier - $9.95 per month. We wanted to have everyone on the same plan so administration/making changes was streamlined internally.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! I'LL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!

:baiting:

:tonofbricks:

It was either that or keep two systems going (the old site plus the new one with a whole different programming approach) and have an internal nightmare making changes, etc as we have had in the past. Not to mention administrating and reporting on six different pricing tiers, as well as having to figure which tier gets what upgrade and keeping the distinctions obvious.

But you can be a special case and stay on the $199.95 a year plan if you prefer :grin:

No, it's Roy Delic who doesn't know how to do math, not me. I heard he paid $300 for a dinner where his and his date's share was only $100. lol

Dude, there is no price to be paid for happiness. Money comes and goes but those that have your back are priceless.

(thumbs u

Dinner and drinks are on me if we ever meet. I'm tired of having this cheap azz image.

:foryou:

R.

ps. The name is Radovan...roll the "R" though...

One gripe I have is that there was no communication of what was happening. The first thing that happened was my worldpay agreement being cancelled with no explanation. Surely an email from GPA wouldn't have been too much trouble. (shrug)

Emails were sent to everyone - unfortunately it's one level of communication that isn't always reliable (especially if you're on a free account like hotmail, gmail, etc). But emails were definately sent. Also, make sure the email address you have in your account is active.

Emails were sent to everyone - unfortunately it's one level of communication that isn't always reliable (especially if you're on a free account like hotmail, gmail, etc). But emails were definately sent. Also, make sure the email address you have in your account is active.

I got the newsletter but if there was another e-mail describing the payment plan changes, I didn't get it either.

It IS a little confusing for existing subscribers. Can you just repost the contents of the e-mail here? Thanks! (thumbs u

I got a Worldpay cancellation notice but I think that was for an April charge (when I subscribed annually.)

Basically:

$19.95/monthly and $199.95/yearly recurring paymens have ended - you are extended beyond your expiry date (approx twice longer than it would have been)

$9.95/monthly - no change

$99.95/yearly recurring payments have ended - when your expiry date is reached you will need to renew at $9.95 per month

$74.95/monthly recurring payments have ended - your expiry does not change - after which point you need to renew

$6.95/monthly still active, will be cancelled at end of Aug - after your expiry date you will need to renew to $9.95 plan

So you expiry date does not change (your account will remain active until the period you have paid for) except for gold subscribers where their expiry date is extended.

Those on the lowest monthly plan will be charged once more at $6.95 (next month) and after their expiry date will need to renew at $9.95 to continue using the service.

Incorporated page quality data yet? :baiting::devil:

Are you a paid member of the Collectors Society? :baiting::devil:

My understanding is that if you do, you can lookup the cert number (that now appears against many of our sales data) which will get you PQ. (thumbs u

We are working on a way to show the information directly in GPA also.

Why don't I have the "+Add your comic" option, in the "My Comics" section? I'd be very interested in using this feature, however, in the my comics section, it only says "you have no titles/issues saved - please add one or more CGC grades to use this section". I can't see where I'm supposed to add these books. Is this a bug or am I just plain stoopid? (shrug) Okay, don't answer that if I'm stoopid. :shy:

Andy

See George, now every month my wife is going to come to me and say "what is this?"

I'l say honey its a thing I use for comics.

She'll say "you use it every month."

I'll say "yes"

She looks at me like I'm using crack and walks away.

Repeat that 12 times.

The old way I pay, what did I pay. $200.

She says "what is this?"

I'l say "honey its a thing I use for comics".

She'll say "200 dollars and walk away"

I'll say "oh yeah"

Repeat that 1 time each year.

So you can see the havoc this every month charge is going to cause.

Also... I'd be happy to bounce a "Discounted-Contributer" idea off George... if you're willing to contribute to the newsletter semi-regularly with your always interesting and thought-provoking take on the industry hm:baiting: That may be a better idea than the GPAdvisor positions that have not produced very much contribution overall. hm

PM me if anything comes up, and do you know how much the "daily access" fees will be?

Also, to clarify, the new system allows you to login from two unique PCs (regardless of IP address) - when you try and login from a third it will let you know that you need to "de-authorize" the other PCs to continue.

I am familiar with this system, but how is going to work for those who access GPA through public access PCs in cafes, libraries, conference rooms, etc.?

I won't eat out a 2nd time with someone that tries to itemize.

And I won't eat out a second time with cheapass SOBs who hit a bar, blow a ton on expensive liquor, then expect everyone to split.

This "splitting the bill" stuff only works when all participants are honest, and I hate cheap scam-artist, top-shelf-drinking alcoholics who can't pay their own way. :frustrated:

I would not want to try to split a dinner tab with someone who complains about one price increase in six years.

There's only one way to split a dinner tab.

50-50

:pullhair:

Between Louise and I, we dropped about $300 for Greektown in Chicago. It was a $1500 bill with about 30 people there.

We shared one meal between us.

:eek:

I did not drink $270 in booze...at least not until we hit the hotel.

R.

That's pure BS man, I hate that. It should have been $50 a person regardless of what anyone had. Cheep people pizz me off.

Soi should have to pay for someone elses booze when all i had was a water? Sorry, not even close to happening or being "fair" or what ever other word you want to substitute B.

Yup, I do it all time. I don't drink alcohol, but I make up for it with desert and espresso. I'm also eating the surf and turf. So while each dinner may not be "even", it all works out in the end.

I understand B, i do.

But maybe my issue comes with me paying for stuff that others DONT pay for.

I would buy/pay for any number of people to eat with me and not give it a second thought.

Ah hell, lemme let this go before I get a storm going

I hear ya man, I do. (thumbs u

And I won't eat out a second time with cheapass SOBs who hit a bar, blow a ton on expensive liquor, then expect everyone to split.

This "splitting the bill" stuff only works when all participants are honest, and I hate cheap scam-artist, top-shelf-drinking alcoholics who can't pay their own way. :frustrated:

On this we agree. A couple of drinks/beers/glasses of wine is one thing, but I wouldn't pay for bottles of champagne that I'm not drinking. All things in moderation. I'm not paying half the tab for someone to get smashed on high dollar liquor.

On this we agree. A couple of drinks/beers/glasses of wine is one thing, but I wouldn't pay for bottles of champagne that I'm not drinking. All things in moderation. I'm not paying half the tab for someone to get smashed on high dollar liquor.

So you'd be okay with paying for someone to get smashed on low-dollar, rot-gut liquor? hm:grin:

This is what I was trying to say.

:applause: