• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHG's Pre-Hero Tecs

47 posts in this topic

Late comer to this thread but those books are incredible. Peter you must be getting the occassional call from Tec collectors who want to buy these gems? If you finish the run soon would you continue it to the pre-Robin stuff?

That's a good question SS. I probably will redirect my focus back to pre-hero Adventures, which is where it used to be.

I love the superhero books, but for some reason I get the greatest thrills from high grade pre-hero DCs, especially those with Flessel and O'Melia covers.

and it is a wonderful niche to focus on.... I too, have kind of moved away from the main superhero, and expanded , or broadened, my respect, if you will, for the non main stream super heros (mainly centaur) ....

Incredible books RHG! (worship)(worship)(worship) I don't have a single pre-hero book in my collection, but your group shot certainly helps my interests! I wouldn't mind doing the same thing, but in much lower grade :grin:

Any of us wanting to do this would have to do it in much lower grade...

Congratulations on securing the #1, RHG. I suspect that you will never regret this decision.

tb, it was your sage counsel that helped me decide to spring for that book. Thanks again!! (thumbs u

I was wondering about that. I seemed to recall you saying that a really top copy of Tec 1 was probably priced beyond what you were willing to spend.

Beautiful books, Peter. I am in awe. (worship)

Scott, if this post is what it took to get you to come out of hiding, it was worth it.

Hi Peter,

I was thinking about our trip to Creig's house after I spoke to Peter Flessel today. I am really glad we did that. It was a great day.

As for the boards, I've been back for a few months now - just not posting as often as before.

When did you get the Detective #1? It looks amazing. I'd love to own a copy that nice someday. Of course, I could say the same about every single one of the books you've ever posted. lol I just re-read the Flessel tribute thread again and am just as blown away as I was the first time I saw it. Maybe even more so, since I now have a better understanding of just how difficult it is to buy those books in high grade.