• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special Marvel Edition 15

27 posts in this topic

Oh yeah and by the way I am going to the Yotes game against your precious Canucks - and since you chose to make my life miserable by bidding on my book - I am going to root for Vancouver - a sure fire way to see the Coyotes win.

If you hear a guy screaming "Hey Doan - your wife wants her jersey back!" on TV - you will know the end is near......

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Greggy is very wealthy and does not care if you bid the book up against him. In fact, he welcomes it, almost taunting you to put in an outrageously high bid, just so he can one-up you and make you feel small and insignificant. This is the greggy MO...

That is totally untrue. However, I can be a bitter loser if someone snipes me or bids me up. Mmmm, I think that I should start bidding on some Defenders comics. I will do my usual search by bidder and find the best deals! tongue.gif

Man - you can have them - .

Tell me how they look when you get em!

I would bid on the Showcase New England 15 - but I've been banned from their auctions because they gave me a negative feedback for being honest.

Oh well..................

I hope Bertuzzi gets a hat trick!

I bid on a "VF+" Silver Surfer 2 and won.

When I got the book, it was Fine at best. I emailed them and asked if maybe they sent me the wrong book. They said that was possible, and to please send the book back and they would check - they had a few SS 2s up for auction at the same time.

I replied back simply with a request that they check before I send my book back, then I got ignored. 2 full weeks no answer after another follow up. SO I left them neutral feedback saying the book was shipped promptly, but showed up a full grade lower than advertised. IN retaliation - they left me - the guy who paid then in about 2 minutes after the auction closed NEGATIVE feedback saying and I quote :"LACKS ONLINE MATURITY, SUBSTITUTES PERSONAL OPINION AS FACT. AVOID!!!!"

It still pisses me off to this day, I mean it's not a real big deal, but the principal of the thing. Plus, my opnion IS fact - this is my world, they're just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

That just goes to show that if you're dissatisfied with a comic and are going to leave a Neutral, go all the way with a Negative or leave nothing at all.

Personally, I usually just let it slide and have left only a single extremely-well deserved Neg (shipping rape - and received a totally-false Neg when I questioned it) in all my transactions. I still want to strangle that guy to this day. grin.gif

In terms of condition, I just use the motto of: sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes it gets you.

I've found Showcase's grading to be shaky as well.

I bought some books graded NM and NM+ by them. The lot came as VF in general, with the occasional near-NM book.

I will not buy raw books from them any more.

I've heard others say the same.

I bought a NM+ Hulk 182 that turned out to be a VF+ to VF/NM. It was cover graded and still a bit high for just the front. The back was awful with a liquid drop warp and other defects... added up to a 9.0 tops and I don't even think everyone here would have said 9.0 either. I politely demanded a refund with shipping costs refunded both ways too and DG complied with no hassle... after I questioned him he admitted (after he saw the returned book) that it should have been graded lower.

In itself, this is certainly not enough to hang a dealer, but as stated, I have heard complaints from others, one of which I advised to demand a refund.

To be fair though, I have run into a couple of people who were satisfied with the books they won and I also acquired a raw Hulk 180 from someone that bought it off SE as "NM" and it did indeed return a NM 9.4 from CGC.

This could be a respectable average... or not... for raw book dealers. I wonder what others experienced?

i recall coming across a website called the "Comic Finders Service" & the guy had a few articles up. One of which was "Dealers, the Good & the Bad". The guy ripped into Showcase New (Dan G) & Metro (Steve F). He gave personal accounts of his bad dealings with these 2 dealers. Made for some interesting reading. Too bad the website ain't up & running anymore.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

I found Showcase NE to suck as far as grading. I must say they do accept returns so they have that going for them. I wouldnt bid on raw books expecting NM but I did get a few really good deals on Golden Age books even though I intentionally bid as if they were full garde or better lower than advertised. They do get the business though dont they?

I wouldn't quite say they suck. I've bought some really great stuff from them over the past 3 years or so. I will say I have been a little disappointed the last couple transactions. I think they have gotten a little lazy on their grading. Nice people and fine service though.