• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex, Drugs, and Violence in Comic Books

91 posts in this topic

Here are some interiors from the Murder Morphine and Me story...not the entire story but just some scans of choice panels...

TrueCrimeinterior1.jpg

amazing art..and you can definitely see why it caused such a stir...I scanned these pages from the Jack Cole book, I didnt want to scan my True Crime 2..actually the printing in the comic doesn't seem as nice as the Jack Cole book...seemed like it was slightly off set...

2962800413_fc74cb793d_o.jpg

who is selling? how much...? I will buy it...

I am selling it or at least I am serving as the agent for the artists. Gerry Acerno did several recreations, which included the True Crime splash panel ($350) and Phantom Lady 17 cover ($500). I will bump it up so you can find the scans on the for sale thread or you can write me a PM. Gerry worked for Marvel at one time and did some other strips for independent publishers.

bb

The art recreation for "Murder, Morphine and Me!" is modern original art size.

Smaller than the golden age but still much larger than the panel in the comic.

It is a lower price but I think he had to do more work.

I will try to put you in touch with Gerry so he can arrange payment and delivery if you want to purchase.

bb

Here are some interiors from the Murder Morphine and Me story...not the entire story but just some scans of choice panels...

TrueCrimeinterior1.jpg

amazing art..and you can definitely see why it caused such a stir...I scanned these pages from the Jack Cole book, I didnt want to scan my True Crime 2..actually the printing in the comic doesn't seem as nice as the Jack Cole book...seemed like it was slightly off set...

2962800413_fc74cb793d_o.jpg

who is selling? how much...? I will buy it...

I am selling it or at least I am serving as the agent for the artists. Gerry Acerno did several recreations, which included the True Crime splash panel ($350) and Phantom Lady 17 cover ($500). I will bump it up so you can find the scans on the for sale thread or you can write me a PM. Gerry worked for Marvel at one time and did some other strips for independent publishers.

bb

The art recreation for "Murder, Morphine and Me!" is modern original art size.

Smaller than the golden age but still much larger than the panel in the comic.

It is a lower price but I think he had to do more work.

I will try to put you in touch with Gerry so he can arrange payment and delivery if you want to purchase.

bb

Thanks for getting in touch BB, I will be contacting you shortly regarding one of these recreations, mainly the Jack Cole Murder Morphine cover..fantastic work!

I noticed that Women Outlaws #1 was scanned and loaded on GA.uk

There are some pretty good pages in the Cattle Kate story. One of them is in SOTI I think. Good dialogue too.

bb

[font:Arial Black]Watch it ya shot my ho...! Unngghhhh![/font]

3120701220_1c0454cc8d_b.jpg

3119874043_56d1e3ccf6_b.jpg

3120701078_1ef94e1a0e_b.jpg

3175236776_4735677a5c_o.jpg

I sold Wanted 13 about 5 years ago but I didn't get a good scan of this splash. Fortunately, I found another scan. Terrific splash for a heroin story. It definitely belongs in this thread.

bb

Here is another scan that belongs on the Sex, Drugs and Violence thread.

I saw in another thread that the torso of the dame was copied from a Ward sketch of Torchy.

Well at least he took from the best.

bb

3242096607_181b7b77ce_b.jpg

From GA.UK

3175236776_4735677a5c_o.jpg

I sold Wanted 13 about 5 years ago but I didn't get a good scan of this splash. Fortunately, I found another scan. Terrific splash for a heroin story. It definitely belongs in this thread.

bb

Great splash!

Wanted was a great title with a fair number of drug stories - a lot of fun reading.