• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 9.6 slight (P): Monster-PLOD on ebay !

61 posts in this topic

Paratrooper. Please substantiate your allegations of 'shilling'.

To put up accusations on other members with no argument and no reasoning, - there is a word for that, and that is shere harassment, isn't it. Join in the dialoque in stead. That is a lot more fun.

Are you to decide whether there shall be a thread on these boards on ASM #2 or AF 15, restored or unrestored or other relevant silver-age auctions going on at ebay or C-Link?

Obviously you want to play 'the censorship sherif' here on these boards. But make sure that your conduct does not fall into shere harassment. Because harassment is a violation of board rules! I see You have harassed another thread in the resto-section. Again with unfounded accusation of "fishing" and "shilling". Fishing what !?! dare I ask.

Holy cow...with that type of spelling, do you even read the books you collect or just look at the pretty pictures doh!

Jim

I have noticed that 15 years of spell check have caused my spelling skills to go to mess. Then when I get in an environment like these boards, it is like having sex without a condom and I am in big trouble.

This 'paratrooper' punk and 'amin619' and 'Count' and others, they are funny contributors to these boards.

I think I have been accused now of 'shilling', 'fishing', 'talking smack', lousy spelling (I am european, sorry CGCworrld) among other things. I have asked for reasons for this. None were given. Where I come from (North-Europe) offending accusations are allowed IF substantiated and carried by arguments. The above mentioned teenage-style dudes that pop up in the threads with one-sentence accusations are apparently not willing to ground their negative adjectives in any argument. Hence what I called their behaviour: harrasment.

What have I done? Opened two threads: (i) on restored AF 15 vs. and ASM 2 in the restoe-section and (ii) a silver thread on the recent big ebay action on the CGC 9.6 AF 15.

Does this mean that newly arrived board-members

(i) shall not open any threads

(ii) shall not have an opinion on anything.

(iii) shall not write ont the boards if they ´cannot spell decently

I ask because Only the style of the 'paratrooper' seems to prevail. Nobody disagrees with this teeanage-style.This brings forward the question:

are these boards ALSO for serious multiple-decade-collectors. Or must we tolerate the fact that we are outnumbered by ordinary teen-style bone heads whose cornerstone collection-gems amounts to a 'Moonknight' #16 CGC 7.5.

Just a thought.

Just ignore it. It happens to every new poster who doesn't come across as a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person from the get-go. I don't know if you're a shill or not, but frankly, I could not care less. You aren't trolling or attacking people, so who cares?

Just ignore it. It happens to every new poster who doesn't come across as a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person from the get-go. I don't know if you're a shill or not, but frankly, I could not care less. You aren't trolling or attacking people, so who cares?

:applause: One of 10 people in the U.S. that actually uses this correctly instead of the usual "i could care less".

This book was initially put forth at $75K a couple of months ago...also went back up for the $49995 and closed with no bids...If I had the expendable dough for this book at $50K I think it's worth it...

Ditto.

Of course the "User ID kept private" on the high bidder which almost seems traditional with Robojo auctions. I wonder if he actually shills his own auctions to set the GPA... hm

I would have to agree with Nelson! His books do go for GPA usually, and they are all mostly raw..... meh2c

I have noticed that 15 years of spell check have caused my spelling skills to go to mess. Then when I get in an environment like these boards, it is like having sex without a condom and I am in big trouble.

Bad spelling is a sign of a poor arguement. When people can't put together a more contructive post to your reply, they start in on spelling or bad grammer...that has been my experience with forum boards.

Bad spelling is a sign of a poor arguement. When people can't put together a more contructive post to your reply, they start in on spelling or bad grammer...that has been my experience with forum boards.

"arguement"?

bad spelling seems to be your forte' as well :signfunny:

Just add a spell checker to the forum and something the automatically caps an "i" and this discussion would be moot.

BTW- My wife has been out of town all week and I have to explain to her why I spent 1,000 dollars on comics in her absence. She's coming home tomorrow, so any suggestions need to be offered up in a hurry.

Just add a spell checker to the forum and something the automatically caps an "i" and this discussion would be moot.

BTW- My wife has been out of town all week and I have to explain to her why I spent 1,000 dollars on comics in her absence. She's coming home tomorrow, so any suggestions need to be offered up in a hurry.

Sorry dude,there is NO known lie or explanation for that one .You're just gonna have to take an Whupping.Hope you married a small woman :baiting: .GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just explain you will be selling other books "soon" to cover the cost of the fresh batch. (shrug)

Just explain you will be selling other books "soon" to cover the cost of the fresh batch. (shrug)

Tell her you'll make love to her for 10 consecutive nights! lol:insane:

Tell her you'll make love to her for 10 consecutive nights! lol:insane:

try both these suggestions....and if that doesn't work.....DUCK AND ROLL!!!! :roflmao:

:applause: One of 10 people in the U.S. that actually uses this correctly instead of the usual "i could care less".

:acclaim:

Of course, if you really want to show your appreciation you could send me a glossy 8"X10" of your avatar. :cloud9:

:acclaim:

Of course, if you really want to show your appreciation you could send me a glossy 8"X10" of your avatar. :cloud9:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I won't tell her until the credit card bill comes.

Here's the best I can do. A fair mid-grade Mohawk Valley copy. One of my favorite covers. :banana:

flash105.jpg

bad spelling seems to be your forte' as well :signfunny:

Thank you for making my point ;)

I was going to use speeling instead of spelling but I figured that would be to obvious. The lack of good spelling draws away attention from the origianl typic. So just how many people can actually spell correctly 100% of the time? You would think that number is some what small when you think of all the spell check programs avalible today. I'm willing to bet there is a significant amount of spelling Nazis running some form of spell check...nothing more than Hypocrites in my opinion.

quote=The KeyMaker]

I ask because Only the style of the 'paratrooper' seems to prevail. Nobody disagrees with this teeanage-style.This brings forward the question:

are these boards ALSO for serious multiple-decade-collectors. Or must we tolerate the fact that we are outnumbered by ordinary teen-style bone heads whose cornerstone collection-gems amounts to a 'Moonknight' #16 CGC 7.5.

Just a thought.

I wasn't attacking his spelling to be hypocritical, the poster is saying that what you collect isn't worth a hill of beans, Wise Guy X, and that is frowned upon on these boards and is generalizing what the board and its members are. When did we nominate him king or elect him President/Prime Minister. If you think he is being constructive and looking for a lively conversation, than our opinions definitely differ on the subject.

Jim

(Spell check free)