• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen trailer + 6 clips

22 posts in this topic

I know nothing of this series, but the trailer confused me big time. If knowing the series is a pre-requisite for enjoying the film, it's in trouble.

From the standpoint of graphics and special effects...I agree. But that's a given these days.

I know nothing of this series, but the trailer confused me big time. If knowing the series is a pre-requisite for enjoying the film, it's in trouble.

From the standpoint of graphics and special effects...I agree. But that's a given these days.

You need to read Watchmen. I don't claim to be the biggest fan of it and had some issues with the ending , didn't like some of the characters, BUT I know you will love Rorschach. He's uber violent and that's right up your alley. You may also enjoy the Comedian antics. You maybe right about the film and its trailer though. You aren't the first person I have seen say it just left them confused.

I've been trying to keep a level head about this but the more I see the trailer, the more excited I get.

Going to have to take the trade with me on vaca this year.

The trailer was made for people who've read the book. I think the goal is for those people to hype the film and I believe it has succeeded.

I just noticed on G4 that they did a segment on the movie and ran down the basic plot and who all the characters.

While G4 may, or may not be main stream I'm sure Warner is going to try hard to get those things out there so people will going to the theater with an idea of what they'll be seeing.

Any chance this will be rated R? :wishluck:
But then how will they get the kids mommies to buy them Rorschach action figures?

I would imagine they will shoot for PG-13 so kiddies can go but I don't think many kids know who the Watchmen are. This is going to have to be a word of mouth movie or blown away by the effects in the trailer type of deal.

I just noticed on G4 that they did a segment on the movie and ran down the basic plot and who all the characters.

While G4 may, or may not be main stream I'm sure Warner is going to try hard to get those things out there so people will going to the theater with an idea of what they'll be seeing.

I'm sure they will too. But this far out from the movie actually opening, there's no reason to get into specifics just yet.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it'll be R like 300 & Sin City. Those two weren't kiddie stories either so I doubt they'll be overtly targeting that audience.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it'll be R like 300 & Sin City. Those two weren't kiddie stories either so I doubt they'll be overtly targeting that audience.

I'm guessing R as well. But, if the general release is PG-13, you can bet the DVD release will tip into R territory. :wishluck:

I just saw the preview for this movie, and man am I excited to see this movie! Personally, I hope they forgo trying to get kids involved in this movie as the content simply does not lend itself to being marketed to children. Be true to the storyline and do it right. 300, Sin City, and V for Vendetta managed along well enough without cow-towing to marketing. Let's hope they continue the trend.

:wishluck:

Zack Snyder is doing this one as well so expect it to follow the comics closely for an R rating. If this movie is another box office success/blockbuster, I hope that DC gives him a shot at a top tier character. So far I like what I have seen from him. Maybe a darker take on Superman (although I did not mind the last one since I saw it on DVD with lowered expectations going in)? How about Green Lantern since he has a good handle on how a sci-fi/fantasy flick should look and feel?

Better yet, how about a new slate of Conan films? This should be an easy cross between Dawn of the Dead and 300! lol