• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heading up to Boston for a day...any comic shops I should stop by??

23 posts in this topic

Will you have a car? I'd recommend Outer Limits in Waltham, Webhead Enterprises in Wakefield (and maybe Comically Speaking down the street in Reading) and Harrison's in Salem. All good stores, not sure what they'd have for high-end books.

There's also Nik's Boyz at Bop City/Bedrock in Framingham.

The stores that are in Boston/Cambridge proper (Million Year Picnic, New England Comics) don't have much in the way of back issue stock.

Newbury Comics is great for CDs and DVDs, but they just deal with new comics now. In the 80s they had back issues.

New England Comics in Quincy once had a decent Silver and Gold room, they still have it, but the quality is not very good. Mostly range from Fair to VG/F.

Will you have a car? I'd recommend Outer Limits in Waltham, Webhead Enterprises in Wakefield (and maybe Comically Speaking down the street in Reading) and Harrison's in Salem. All good stores, not sure what they'd have for high-end books.

There's also Nik's Boyz at Bop City/Bedrock in Framingham.

The stores that are in Boston/Cambridge proper (Million Year Picnic, New England Comics) don't have much in the way of back issue stock.

Yeah, I'll have a car to travel around...definitely want to stop by the Million Year Picnic....

How about Newbury?

I'll be in Boston in August, was planning to stop there.

Lots of pretty ladies there to make you forget about comics ;)

To heck with the LCSs, let's go toilet-paper GACollectibles' lawn, leave a burning shopping bag with dog poop on the porch, ring the bell and run. :banana:

Ha! Joke's on you! My doorbell doesn't work!

How about Newbury?

I'll be in Boston in August, was planning to stop there.

Lots of pretty ladies there to make you forget about comics ;)

True story.

I used to live there for five years after college. But this time I'll be taking the GF along :(

Heading up to Boston for the day for Thursday and was wondering what comic shops are in the area that I should stop by... (shrug)
hang around till Friday and watch REDSOX vs Yankees at Fenway Park

Yeah, and pay like $1000 for a seat :insane:

Fenway's great, but spendy.

Heading up to Boston for the day for Thursday and was wondering what comic shops are in the area that I should stop by... (shrug)

I'm a Met fan, so no real interest...although as a baseball fan, I do appreciate the rivalry and I've always wanted to go to Fenway... hm

I'm a Met fan, so no real interest...although as a baseball fan, I do appreciate the rivalry and I've always wanted to go to Fenway... hm

METS!??!? :mad: and i thought we had alot in common :sorry:

:kidaround:

To heck with the LCSs, let's go toilet-paper GACollectibles' lawn, leave a burning shopping bag with dog poop on the porch, ring the bell and run. :banana:

Ha! Joke's on you! My doorbell doesn't work!

Ha, fix his doorbell and then ring it!!!!

Yeah, that'll teach him! And finish painting the house while you're at it!

Well, you can hit my shop! I opened it in January (and hence have been away from the board for almost a year). We don't have back issues, but we have one of the best stocks of graphic novels and trades in Boston.

My shop is Hub Comics in Somerville (Union Square):

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hub-comics-somerville

Eventually, I'll have back issues. Right now all I have is World's Best (Finest) #1 and a few others in a display case.

We have a great Local section and we even have some original art for sale. (Sergio Aragones, Esad Ribic, Ayers, John Byrne and others.)

For trades, I also recommend Comicopia in Kenmore Square, near Fenway. Million Year Picnic is always a treat for indies, and Comicazi in Davis has a ton of action figures, used and new.

Waltham's Outer Limits is an outstanding shop as well. :)

I was in your shop last weekend.

Saw some slabs hanging high above the register, some OA above the front door.

Nice, bright green shop. For 11a on a Saturday, it was quite crowded.

Well, you can hit my shop! I opened it in January (and hence have been away from the board for almost a year). We don't have back issues, but we have one of the best stocks of graphic novels and trades in Boston.

My shop is Hub Comics in Somerville (Union Square):

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hub-comics-somerville

Eventually, I'll have back issues. Right now all I have is World's Best (Finest) #1 and a few others in a display case.

We have a great Local section and we even have some original art for sale. (Sergio Aragones, Esad Ribic, Ayers, John Byrne and others.)

For trades, I also recommend Comicopia in Kenmore Square, near Fenway. Million Year Picnic is always a treat for indies, and Comicazi in Davis has a ton of action figures, used and new.

Waltham's Outer Limits is an outstanding shop as well. :)