• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

I need the CF for All-American Comics #61.

Looks great but missing that CF. I only paid $25 for this comic but wish I could have the CF to go with it.

:takeit:

If you decide to sell, I'll buy it just for the cover.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

Looks great but missing that CF. I only paid $25 for this comic but wish I could have the CF to go with it.

bb

I can't sell this comic. When I was a little kid first getting into comics (circa 1969) my father would often tell me about a comic he had as a child (he collected comics during the 40s). He said it was the Golden Age Green Lantern with a swamp-type monster rising out of the swamps. He said it was his favorite comic book as a child. Well, at that time I had no idea about fandom and had no reference books of any kind except Steranko's History Of Comics and Jules Pfeiffe's The Great Comic Book Heroes. So I could only imagine what this comic was.

Obviously years later I found out it was All-American Comics #61. And about 10 years ago I'm at a convention and some guy (not a professional dealer, just trying to unload some old comics) has this comic for sell and I'm able to get it for $25 even though it's missing the CF (affecting the Atom & Dr. Mid-Nite stories). Well, I give the All-American Comics #61 to my dad for Father's Day. He was so... I don't have the words... happy and in awe. It was like he was reunited with a treasured memento. The comic itself was in fine condition and the Green Lantern/Solomon Grundy story complete. That was enough for him. It's probably his favorite comic of all time.

My dad got me into comics back in the late 60s. Though his collection from the 40s was given away to his cousins back in the 50s when he went into the army, he wanted me to enjoy collecting and reading comics like he did. He's 77 and still reads comics. His favorites being Ed Brubaker's Captain America and Jonah Hex.

I have this great picture from Father's Day a couple of years ago my mom took of my dad holding his All-American Comics #61, me next to him holding my Avengers #4, and my son next to me holding his Deadpool #1. 3 generations of comic book collectors!

bb

I can't sell this comic. When I was a little kid first getting into comics (circa 1969) my father would often tell me about a comic he had as a child (he collected comics during the 40s). He said it was the Golden Age Green Lantern with a swamp-type monster rising out of the swamps. He said it was his favorite comic book as a child. Well, at that time I had no idea about fandom and had no reference books of any kind except Steranko's History Of Comics and Jules Pfeiffe's The Great Comic Book Heroes. So I could only imagine what this comic was.

Obviously years later I found out it was All-American Comics #61. And about 10 years ago I'm at a convention and some guy (not a professional dealer, just trying to unload some old comics) has this comic for sell and I'm able to get it for $25 even though it's missing the CF (affecting the Atom & Dr. Mid-Nite stories). Well, I give the All-American Comics #61 to my dad for Father's Day. He was so... I don't have the words... happy and in awe. It was like he was reunited with a treasured memento. The comic itself was in fine condition and the Green Lantern/Solomon Grundy story complete. That was enough for him. It's probably his favorite comic of all time.

My dad got me into comics back in the late 60s. Though his collection from the 40s was given away to his cousins back in the 50s when he went into the army, he wanted me to enjoy collecting and reading comics like he did. He's 77 and still reads comics. His favorites being Ed Brubaker's Captain America and Jonah Hex.

I have this great picture from Father's Day a couple of years ago my mom took of my dad holding his All-American Comics #61, me next to him holding my Avengers #4, and my son next to me holding his Deadpool #1. 3 generations of comic book collectors!

Cool story!

bb

great story! Post the pic of your dad and the AA 61

I need covers for Batman 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 29, 32, 33, 36, 37, 40, 44, 45, 48, 49, 52, 53, 54, 58,

60, 63, 63, 64, 65, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 73, 78, 80, 81, 83, 86, 88, 89, 94, 95, 97,106, 114, 118

Need covers for World's Finest 59, 60, 61, 62, and 63,

Need covers for Detective 43, 59, 60, 73, 84, 107, 118 and Vacation Parade 2.

Need coverless copies of Batman 6, 47 and 27

Need an interior for Sensation 27, Batman 9 and 25, Star 14, Detective 215 and Crime Suspenstories 24.

Need covers for a bunch of WDCS around 12-19 and 25-30 and All American 51 and 57.

Need an Our Flag 2 interior and an Our Flag 4 cover.

Comic Cavalcade 14 cover

Action 94 and 115 covers

Captain Marvel 20 and 33 covers

Whiz 11 cover

Exciting 45 cover

Superman 20 cover

Superman 28 first wrap

Superman 44 centerfold

All Flash 3 and 4 covers

Nation 12, need a coverless copy

Nation 18, need a cover

Speed 6, 9, 25 and 45 covers

All Western Winners 2

Sungirl 2 cover

Astonishing 10 cover

Action 57 centerfold

Have an Action 19 centerfold, anyone want to sell me the rest of the comic?

Captain Marvel Jr. 40 and 43 covers

Need True Crime 3 cover and a Crime Does not pay 42 cover

Black Cat 1 cover

Star Spangled 81. 82, 83, 84 covers

All American 22, 43, 49, 52 interiors

Sensation 16 interior

Flash 30 and 31 covers

Target V2#5 cover

Tip Top 13 cover

Famous Funnies 46 interior

Superman 27, 83, 87 and 91 cover

Buck Rogers 3 cover

Whiz 25 cover

All Star 1, 6, 15, 19, 25, 30, 39 and 41 covers[font:Arial Black] [/font]

Worlds Finest 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10,14, 25, 27, 29, 35

USA 14

Need coverless copy of Marvel Mystery 36. Need a cover for Captain America 40 and All Winners 13.

Need a cover for Captain America 13 (But I changed the scans below to add a little variety).

I could also use the cover to Marvel Mystery 30 which had a similar theme and a cover for Marvel Mystery 24.

Need covers for Hangman 2 and Jackpot 2, Top-Notch 11 and 12. Need a coverless copy of Pep 33. Need a cover for Pep 25.

Need a coverless copy of Speed 35, All American 52, Punch 10 and Sensation 27.

Add Daredevil 27 and Boy 30 to the need covers group and Dynamic 9 and Flash 42, 82 Firestone 1947 and Mystery in Space 2 to the need coverless copy group.

I have two Blue Ribbon issues (13 and 17) that need a cover and one that needs a centerfold.

Will trade a Batman 22 centerfold for a Batman 19 or 36 centerfold.

I have a Batman 68 with no cover and the last ad page missing for trade and a coverless Batman 22 with the second page missing. I have an extra copy of Batman 40.

Could use a Mystery Men 27 cover.

5251903143_2a0414502a_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Could use a More Fun #61 cover only, if anyone has. :)

I have one like this that needs an interior and More Fun 79 and 89 that need covers. MF 68 is not my copy but belongs to someone else. I think my copy is a little better. Not as tan at the edges. I also changed the coat to white.

I always wanted a Johnny Quick cover to fit in with the Green Arrows. Anyone got an extra?

3837097505_99c2a1836d_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

:acclaim: Congratulations to the richest man in Bedford Falls. Three generations of comic book collectors and a picture to prove it. Nice one!!

Loved your story about your Dad and his Father's Day gift from you. Thanks for brightening my late evening. Merry Christmas to all your wonderful family and best of all, Happy Collecting everybody :whee:

bb

great story! Post the pic of your dad and the AA 61

Please!

For years I have looked here and there for the centerfold to Detective 59, anyone got one in nice shape? Would really like to complete this book.

I have a centerfold (Cliff Crosby pgs 2-5) that is a little tan and has a few nicks but is flat and clean. What do you have for trade?

People are asking for the picture of my father with All-American Comics #61. I would love too but I'm going to have get someone to show me how. The picture is just a regular 35mm print and as much as I try shoving the picture into the hard drive I just can't get it show up on this screen.

People are asking for the picture of my father with All-American Comics #61.

I would love too but I'm going to have get someone to show me how.

The picture is just a regular 35mm print and as much as I try shoving the picture into the hard drive

I just can't get it show up on this screen.

Scan the photo and load it up on photobucket or Flickr. Or take a photo with a lens that can magnify.

A cheap scanner works pretty good for old photos.

Here is one of my son and I in Duckburg hanging out with Sheriff Donald.

4103553804_4f6dfb550b.jpg

This is from an old picture that was scanned last year I think. DD was touched up with Photoshop.

People are asking for the picture of my father with All-American Comics #61.

I would love too but I'm going to have get someone to show me how.

The picture is just a regular 35mm print and as much as I try shoving the picture into the hard drive

I just can't get it show up on this screen.

Scan the photo and load it up on photobucket or Flickr. Or take a photo with a lens that can magnify.

A cheap scanner works pretty good for old photos.

Here is one of my son and I in Duckburg hanging out with Sheriff Donald.

4103553804_4f6dfb550b.jpg

This is from an old picture that was scanned last year I think. DD was touched up with Photoshop.

:applause:

I nee a couple of inner wraps for a Batman 20 (or a coverless copy) & a centerfold for an Action 63.

Those are two of my favorite covers. I searched for the Batman 20 cover for a while but ended up buying a facsimile cover from Fedoraman.

3511131871_5c6b81f9c3.jpg

Maybe this is your copy. Not sure where I got the scan.

I still need

Archie 1 interior

New York Worlds Fair 1940 interior

Captain America 61 front cover (or full comic with missing pages or back cover problems.

I have

Namora 3 interior missing cover and outer wraps (basically it has a centerfold)

Marvel Mystery 87 interior missing cover and outer wraps (basically it has a centerfold)

Low grade Action 103 missing a centerfold

As an aside, my opinion on trying to trade for specific parts and pieces is likely impossible. I guess it could happen but the odds would have to be just incredibly small.