• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Have

Action 15 - missing cover and first page

Wonder Woman 105 - missing cover

Jumbo 155 - missing centerfold

Captain America 117 - missing top 1/3 cover

Spiderman 7 - missing cover and top corner bug chew

Daredevil 8 - Fine but missing panels in interior, so if you need a c.f. or have a nice coverless, this might work.

Action 236 coverless

Looking for:

coverless Action #31

coverless Astonishing #32

coverless Boy #12

coverless Captain America #37

coverless Exciting #39

coverless Sensation #16

coverless Terry-Toons #7

thanks!

Also, a question. As stated above, I am looking for the back cover to Human Torch #36. If the cover is split, how would anyone know whether it was actually the back cover to the right comic versus coming from any other Atlas Comic from April 1954? Does CGC grade a comic with no back cover any differently than they would grade the same comic with a (split) back cover that was likely married?

I'm just curious.

Also, a question. As stated above, I am looking for the back cover to Human Torch #36. If the cover is split, how would anyone know whether it was actually the back cover to the right comic versus coming from any other Atlas Comic from April 1954? Does CGC grade a comic with no back cover any differently than they would grade the same comic with a (split) back cover that was likely married?

I'm just curious.

If it's exactly the same, they wouldn't be able to differentiate. Sometimes, though, there are very subtle differences, like department numbers, etc.

It takes a lot of patience to play the parts game.

This is true Ankur. I remember the day I was able to find a CF for my Eerie #2 that needed one. And married three books to get one complete Supe 61. Fun stuff!

That's polygamy

Looking for a centerfold to Journey into Mystery 6, or coverless or beater copy with at least cream pages.

Ah, did you snag that copy on eBay recently? Nice grab, such a great cover. Sorry I can't help you out with a CF.

Yes I did - used a $20 ebay coupon as well. I was getting tired of just missing out on VG to FN copies at reasonable prices, and had even sent back a VG- to Harley that I felt had a brittle spine all before that Sparkle City CGC 6.5 copy sold for crazy money. Granted that was a sweet looking copy, and 6.5 Atlas horror prices can sometimes bear no resemblance to what a raw VG might get, but I was distressed that the next time a VG copy showed up, it was going to be priced well above what I was willing to pay. Since the cover was my main interest (completing my Everett skeletal romance mini-set), I was happy to get a fairly cheap copy with reasonable eye-appeal, even if incomplete. The seller even provided full color jpegs of the cf.

Looking for a centerfold to Journey into Mystery 6, or coverless or beater copy with at least cream pages.

Ah, did you snag that copy on eBay recently? Nice grab, such a great cover. Sorry I can't help you out with a CF.

Yes I did - used a $20 ebay coupon as well. I was getting tired of just missing out on VG to FN copies at reasonable prices, and had even sent back a VG- to Harley that I felt had a brittle spine all before that Sparkle City CGC 6.5 copy sold for crazy money. Granted that was a sweet looking copy, and 6.5 Atlas horror prices can sometimes bear no resemblance to what a raw VG might get, but I was distressed that the next time a VG copy showed up, it was going to be priced well above what I was willing to pay. Since the cover was my main interest (completing my Everett skeletal romance mini-set), I was happy to get a fairly cheap copy with reasonable eye-appeal, even if incomplete. The seller even provided full color jpegs of the cf.

Great deal! I watched it but no funds to get even that copy at present. It really does go for some crazy prices, so seems smart of you to get it nicely presenting now and marry it at some time in the future. Will remember to PM you if I happen upon a copy that can donate its CF. :)

14526885364_f3ddf98dbe_b.jpg

For those of you that enjoy high tech solutions to your coverless comics, you can find some nice copies of GA comic covers on ebay. Check out "comixs04", I tried other dealers and have been disappointed. I find Tom provides a nice cover for very little money. Can you determine which of these covers are original?

Edited by BB-Gun

14526885364_f3ddf98dbe_b.jpg

For those of you that enjoy high tech solutions to your coverless comics, you can find some nice copies of GA comic covers on ebay. Check out "comixs04", I tried other dealers and have been disappointed. I find Tom provides a nice cover for very little money. Can you determine which of these covers are original?

unless he is copying Billy Cloke books, I'd pick the one in the middle