• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye Bye jonnydouble

174 posts in this topic

The four letter 'K' word.

Was that the extent of his "over the line"-ness?

What more do you need when you call a moderator a 'see you next tuesday'?! it was board suicide any way you slice it, without making any real point as far as I could tell.

What more do you need when you call a moderator a 'see you next tuesday'?! it was board suicide any way you slice it, without making any real point as far as I could tell.

Are we talking about the ethnic four letter "k" word? I dunno what the "see you next tuesday" reference means... confused.gif

If it was the ethnic "k" word, the word might have fit Jonny also, making him feel free to use it. All my black friends use the "n" word with each other all the time.

He called her the 4-letter "C-word" but spelled it with a "K" so it would show up in a post instead of filtered.

shocked.gif

hehe not sure how he would've thought a stranger would think that was jokey!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh, I don't think he was joking. tonofbricks.gif

What set him off--the previous "strike" which got lifted rather fast?

If Jonny woulda called another forum member that word, he almost certainly just would've gotten a strike...so I guess you really don't do that to the moderator!!! When are OldGuy and I gonna get banned for calling Joe_Collector the four letter "d" word? blush.gif I guess you don't get banned when what you say is TRUE!!! tongue.gif

If I recall correctly I thought he said it in a hypothetical sense: "What if I called Dena a k**t?". I don't think he came right out & said Dena you are a k**t. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It was in poor taste but to be banned is too harsh in my view.

Can someone PM me with the exact quote? I could have sworn it was stated in a hypothetical sense.
D'oh...I deleted it but I sent it to Rob_React. Perhaps he kept it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't remember it exacty, but the one I saw set off alarms for me. It wasn't veiled that I recall. I PM'd him as soon as he posted and told him he'd better delete it before one of the Mods saw it. But he didn't. Maybe there were two posts?

Chris

I don't remember it exacty, but the one I saw set off alarms for me. It wasn't veiled that I recall. I PM'd him as soon as he posted and told him he'd better delete it before one of the Mods saw it. But he didn't. Maybe there were two posts?

Chris

I think there was just one post. I remember reading it. I thought it was a deserving of a strike but not an outright ban.