• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Since joining CGC we have been trying to complete many sets including the original Danger Girl series 1998-2004. We picked this set among others to complete and were only a few books away from possibly attaining a long time goal 100%. Recently that set was changed at the request of a member to add the new IDW books & titles that recently came out. Though we were not informed of a discussion in regard to adding D.G IDW books, We are requesting Nicole & Gemma only to re-establish or create a Danger Girl set that includes only the original Image/DC books from 1998 - 2004 that were already there. This should make all Danger Girl collectors happy. As I had discussed prior to writing about this, If we were notified and a part of the conversation, would have supported the members request to be inclusive of these new books even though they are not Image or DC, even though we wish not to collect them since we view them as a different specie and animal. We think it is great that a member loves to collect and have their CGC books graded or that they want to buy from others and help those sellers make a living while making their sets the very best. (To their eyes) but to the original collectors who put a lot of time into this (including those who requested the IDW inclusion) we others should not feel the need to sell out our collections, (but) just that Nicole Gemma CGC re-established for us the original Danger Girl set.

Realize, many years have passed, much time, energy and money used up collecting, that's besides membership cost and uploading time, and we are only talking modern comic books. Like I said I think anything a brother CGC member wants to do, it should be done! (but) imagine If this was being done to a Golden Age collector (a big guy) that was close to 100%. collected and someone said lets add some Other age books and from different publishers.

Thank You for all this time, enjoy life and have fun. Mongoose01

Gemma,

Can we add "Image Firsts #1" that was a reprint of WD # 1 to Walking Dead (complete w/variants)? It included a few other reprints in it as it was in "trade" format. It was printed in 2005 and should really be added to the other "Image Firsts" stuff.

Thanks! :)

I've also included a link to an eBay auction that has a picture of it.

Image Firsts #1

Gemma & Nicole,

I would like to request an addition to the Green Lantern (1990) set. The comic I would like to see added is:

DC Comics Presents: The Green Lantern #1 (published 9/04)

This book was published 3 months before the last issue of the 1990 Green Lantern series run (which came out in December of 2004) and thus this book should be added to this registry set over any others.

Here is the link to it's information in the census:

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=DC+Comics+Presents%3A+Green+Lantern&publisher=D%2EC%2E+Comics&issue=1&year=2004&issuedate=9%2F04

Please consider adding the book to the registry set - if you need any more info on the book please let me know. Thanks!

Sensei Ryan :)

Hello Gemma:

Please add

Grimm Fairy Tales

Issue: 84

Variant: Convention ""Naughty"" Edition

on to Grimm Fairy Tales (Complete with Variants) and Grimm Fairy Tales

2 Title: Grimm Fairy Tales

Issue: 83

Variant: Retailer Incentive Edition

on to Grimm Fairy Tales set

thanks

Please add....

Set: Marko Djurdjevic Covers

Incredible Hercules 115 Djurdjevic Variant

Incredible Hercules 132 70th Anniversary Variant

Guardians of the Galaxy (2013) 2 Movie Variant

Guardians of the Galaxy (2013) 3 Movie Variant

Guardians of the Galaxy (2013) 4 Movie Variant

X-O Manowar 12

Gemma & Nicole,

Can you add to the Thief of Thieves registry set the following issues?

Thief of Thieves #15

Also, I made a request around two weeks ago to add a book to the Green Lantern (1990) set

DC Comics Presents: Green Lantern #1 (9/04)

the book still hasn't been added. The original request was made on 7/27/13 - see post #2 on page 209 of this thread.

If you can add it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan