• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Gemma, thanks for expanding the House Of M set - much appreciated.

As far as the X-Men sets go, I will go with the majority; personally don't see the need for seperate 1-450 & 1-500 but if it happens I'll just move my books to the more complete set, as I've spilt enough virtual apples from the proverbial cart on the X-Men topic already :shy:

Thanks for your continuing efforts to please everyone

I guess I should have said expansions and divisions.

For X-Men expansions: Does everyone prefer a new set or just adding to the 1-450 to make it 1-500?

I like the way the majority of the X-Men sets are laid out.

We've got:

1-450 Full set

1-66 Silver

67-93 Bronze Reprints

94-143 Bronze

144-300 Copper

301-450 Modern

I personally would just rather see the full 1-450 set expanded to 1-500, and the 301-450 modern set expanded to 500.

This way, we don't need a new set every time there is an expansion, and hopefully we could just keep adding issues every 6 months to a year like all the other long running sets.

Thanks for such interest in our opinions Gemma! :luhv:

Or pehaps a new set called X-men (complete) like ASM has.

X-Men (complete) is also what I'm getting at turning the 1-450 into. I think FF and Avengers have this also, otherwise we'll have to keep having new sets instead just adding issues. Could you imagine have the following:

1-450

1-500

1-525

1-550

and going, and going... Better to just have a X-Men (complete) set + the period sub-sets.

I guess I should have said expansions and divisions.

For X-Men expansions: Does everyone prefer a new set or just adding to the 1-450 to make it 1-500?

I like the way the majority of the X-Men sets are laid out.

We've got:

1-450 Full set

1-66 Silver

67-93 Bronze Reprints

94-143 Bronze

144-300 Copper

301-450 Modern

I personally would just rather see the full 1-450 set expanded to 1-500, and the 301-450 modern set expanded to 500.

This way, we don't need a new set every time there is an expansion, and hopefully we could just keep adding issues every 6 months to a year like all the other long running sets.

Thanks for such interest in our opinions Gemma! :luhv:

Or pehaps a new set called X-men (complete) like ASM has.

Actually, I would like to see a new set from 451 to 500. The set could be expanded once the next 50 issues are published and then again with the next 50. This would hold form with the 301 to 450 sets. I could also see expanding the 1-450 set to 1-500. I would like to add my current issues as well, but I do not want to be forced to have a 1 to "whatever" set since a lot of those issues do not currently interest me.

Thanks Gemma just noticed the X-Men (complete) 1-500 sets!!!!

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

One problem though, could you fix the 497 slots. There is an error registration. There's 1 497 9.6 Convention Edition registered under:

"Uncanny X-Men 497 Emerald City Comicon Edition"

Could you remove it or combine it with the correct listing?:

"Uncanny X-Men 497 Convention Edition"

The notes for the above Convention Edition are: "Emerald City Comiccon 2008 Edition" and there are already 6 books registered in the slot.

One problem though, could you fix the 497 slots. There is an error registration. There's 1 497 9.6 Convention Edition registered under:

The notes for the above Convention Edition are: "Emerald City Comiccon 2008 Edition" and there are already 6 books registered in the slot.

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Actually, I would like to see a new set from 451 to 500. The set could be expanded once the next 50 issues are published and then again with the next 50. This would hold form with the 301 to 450 sets. I could also see expanding the 1-450 set to 1-500. I would like to add my current issues as well, but I do not want to be forced to have a 1 to "whatever" set since a lot of those issues do not currently interest me.

Is this thing on? preaching.gif

Ditto praise above,

now if we could just get the erroneous 360 Variant cover (I know Beachbum's got one registered but it's the same as the regular cover ) and #381 variant removed - the whole thing would be perfect, as I've previously stated it's impossible to achieve a true 100% completion on the sets as these books don't exist and people will have to speculate by stating 'variant' on the submission form and hope that the graders don't notice.

Great job on the expansions, just a little more and I can finally sleep easy (those evil phantom variants plague my waking and sub concious mind :insane: )

Ditto praise above,

now if we could just get the erroneous 360 Variant cover (I know Beachbum's got one registered but it's the same as the regular cover :pullhair: ) and #381 variant removed - the whole thing would be perfect, as I've previously stated it's impossible to achieve a true 100% completion on the sets as these books don't exist and people will have to speculate by stating 'variant' on the submission form and hope that the graders don't notice.

Great job on the expansions, just a little more and I can finally sleep easy (those evil phantom variants plague my waking and sub concious mind :insane: )

Agreed.

The 360 variant needs to be removed.

The 381 holofoil books need to be combined into the 381 chrome slot

The 497 emerald city comic con needs to be combined into 497 convention edition slot.

First, a big thanks again for updating the 1-500 sets. I'm so happy that all my recent submissions have a new home. :cloud9:

I see you added the GS 3 & 4 today to both sets.

Could we get the rest of the following annuals added also when you have a moment:

Uncanny X-Men Annual 17

Uncanny X-Men Annual 18

Uncanny X-Men Annual '95 nn

Uncanny X-Men Annual '96 nn

Uncanny X-Men Annual '97 nn

Uncanny X-Men/Fantastic Four Annual '98 nn

Uncanny X-Men Annual 1999 nn

Uncanny X-Men Annual 2000 nn

Uncanny X-Men Annual 2001 nn

Uncanny X-Men Annual #V2 #1 (8/06)

When you make a decision on the expansion of 301-450 sets could you please add the Uncanny X-Men Annual #V2 #1 (8/06) to those sets also.

Thanks in advance. We all appreciate the work you do!

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

I just noticed, as I was entering my comics into the expanded sets, that when I click on the "1 Available Comic" button the web page freezes up and I have to wait a few minutes for it to unfreeze and enter the serial numbers by hand. Is anyone else experiencing these difficulties?

I just noticed, as I was entering my comics into the expanded sets, that when I click on the "1 Available Comic" button the web page freezes up and I have to wait a few minutes for it to unfreeze and enter the serial numbers by hand. Is anyone else experiencing these difficulties?

I had a lot of problems entering my new additions. I lost all my descriptions that I entered by hand at one point. and in addition I experienced a lot of freezing. I added the new books in 5 at a time after that. I think it's the system in general.

How about a bronze Avengers set? :wishluck:

92 to 200 (shrug)

:blahblah: Just use the complete Avengers set listing.

No. I agree with Doc. The major titles should have separate bronze runs. We already have X-Men 67-93 & 94-143 and we have Spider-Man 100-200 and that model really works well. There have been a lot of GA sets added for the GA collectors (thumbs u and I think it is time to add some bronze sets for the bronze collectors.

A bronze Avengers run makes good sense. I would also like to see a bronze Thor set (172-290). I'm sure bronze Hulks would also be a popular run.

• Administrator

We're looking into these and once we have made a final determination then the slots will be adjusted as necessary.... (thumbs u

I have fixed the Uncanny X-Men 482 slot and I will add the other Annuals needed for the X-Men and Avengers sets.

We're looking into these and once we have made a final determination then the slots will be adjusted as necessary.... (thumbs u

I have fixed the Uncanny X-Men 482 slot and I will add the other Annuals needed for the X-Men and Avengers sets.

(worship)