• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friday night dinner 9/26 in Baltimore

163 posts in this topic

hm Looks like it might end up working out better for me and medstudentnerd to do dinner with y'all Friday night as opposed to Saturday (I think my brother in law's getting us tickets for the ballgame that night!). Cheap works for us! :grin:

Gotta be better than the food in West Jefferson.

no carp. where did you eat? There isnt really anything there other than some fast food and maybe a homestyle restaurant somewhere.

A BBQ place and an Italian place called Geno's.

no carp. where did you eat? There isnt really anything there other than some fast food and maybe a homestyle restaurant somewhere.

How was the BBQ? Probably a different style than you are used to but :shrug:

Geno's :eek:

How was the BBQ? Probably a different style than you are used to but :shrug:

Geno's :eek:

The BBQ place was awesome. The ribs were to die for. Geno's was OK, the kids liked it but the wife and I were disappointed.

There are some local variations, (not to mention regional between eastern NC and western NC) but for the most part, there is no such thing as bad BBQ in the Tar Heel State :cloud9:

btw, i vote for the ESPN Zone. I dont think I have ever eaten at one and have very little opportunity to do so.

Arex, when my wife and I were in Hilton Head, SC a few weeks ago we ate at a Sticky Fingers restaurant. I know it's a chain and all, but man! The ribs were absolutely phenomenal! Honestly, I don't think I've had better ribs anywhere (and I lived only 2 hours west of KC so...).

Suicide wings are even better...as long as they are NOT breaded.

Jim

I had suicide wings at The Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY (where wings originated from) and they were good. But I'm still here to talk about them so.... ;)

But Doc, you never answered the question--is there a back story I'm missing here?

There are some local variations, (not to mention regional between eastern NC and western NC) but for the most part, there is no such thing as bad BBQ in the Tar Heel State :cloud9:

btw, i vote for the ESPN Zone. I dont think I have ever eaten at one and have very little opportunity to do so.

I second ESPN zone.