• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was Steve Borock in SD? Does anyone know what he plans to do now?

34 posts in this topic

I hear they have 2 litre Coke Zero bottles for sale... what is not to like lol

You know if you go to the Coke Museum here in the ATL they have all the free Coke Zero you can drink at the end of the tour (along with samples of Coke products from around the world).

been there many times... been to the one in Las Vegas, and even went to World of Coca Cola in NY, before it shut down...

Gator, have you been to the Coke spot at Epcot Center in Disney World (Orlando, FL)? I recall sampling different coke flavors from across the world.

he was there, and buying like a machine (thumbs u

What types of books was he buying? SA? GA? Low grade or high? Publishers?

just seemed like every booth I walked by, he had a stack of books... I never got to look closely, but I am sure Steve will chime in!

if I were steve, I would move up north hm maybe canada (shrug)

So the rumors about the two of you having a blood feud are true. hm

I think steve is great (though I didn't get a 6am breakfast invite :baiting: ) ... I just get so tired of this Fl heat (as steve might too) that I have thought about Canada...I mean, look at all it offers: Kristen Kreuk, Greggy, snow and I hear they have 2 litre Coke Zero bottles for sale... what is not to like lol

Dont do it !!! I love canadians , seriously some of the friendliest people I have ever met. But dear lord the food in that country is horrible. Well except the fries/gravy/cheese. But seriously I dont know how americans can go there and not starve to death.

Obviously you never came to Montreal. With our mix of European & American influences, it's one of the best town to eat in North America :cloud9:

Conner just told me about this thread.

Thanks for the kind words!

In SD, Comic wise, I bought everything from "If the Devil would talk" to "TMNT's # 3" to "Thor 175" to "ASM # 1" to "Army of Darkness # 3" to "Vampirella # 100" to "Mavel Value Stamp album complete (which I had both copies signed by Stan the Man Lee!) to "Comic Book Market Place # 4"and about 400 other books I either liked or thought I could make money with. SD is quite an expensive vacation and I needed to pay for it some way.

Had a BLAST!!!!!!!!

I loved going through boxes for the 1st time in 10 years.

I loved not having to be "on" and dressing in tee-shirts, jeans, and sandels.

It was great spening time with my friends and not worrying about what was happening at the CGC booth and which meetings I "had" to be at.

Conner was with me 1/2 the time. This kid is the real deal! He is the next generation of people who really love comic books! Everyone who met him was impressed with his knowledge of and love for comic books on the stands 50 years before he was born. My friend John wrote : "Future Pres. of CGC" on Conners arm. even Haspel was blown away by this kid. If he stays on the right path and stays honest, I ( and others of us) might just be working for him in the future. :o I told him that if he stays in school, I would be happy to teach him about the hobby, restoration, grading, the ins and outs of buying well, and such when he goes to shows that I am at.

Got soooo many sketches fon Fallen Son & Secrect Invasion blank cover issues for my daughter! Everyone from Stuart Sayger to Al Feldstein!

I LOVE THIS :censored: ING HOBBY!!!

Conner just told me about this thread.

Thanks for the kind words!

In SD, Comic wise, I bought everything from "If the Devil would talk" to "TMNT's # 3" to "Thor 175" to "ASM # 1" to "Army of Darkness # 3" to "Vampirella # 100" to "Mavel Value Stamp album complete (which I had both copies signed by Stan the Man Lee!) to "Comic Book Market Place # 4"and about 400 other books I either liked or thought I could make money with. SD is quite an expensive vacation and I needed to pay for it some way.

Had a BLAST!!!!!!!!

I loved going through boxes for the 1st time in 10 years.

I loved not having to be "on" and dressing in tee-shirts, jeans, and sandels.

It was great spening time with my friends and not worrying about what was happening at the CGC booth and which meetings I "had" to be at.

Conner was with me 1/2 the time. This kid is the real deal! He is the next generation of people who really love comic books! Everyone who met him was impressed with his knowledge of and love for comic books on the stands 50 years before he was born. My friend John wrote : "Future Pres. of CGC" on Conners arm. even Haspel was blown away by this kid. If he stays on the right path and stays honest, I ( and others of us) might just be working for him in the future. :o I told him that if he stays in school, I would be happy to teach him about the hobby, restoration, grading, the ins and outs of buying well, and such when he goes to shows that I am at.

Got soooo many sketches fon Fallen Son & Secrect Invasion blank cover issues for my daughter! Everyone from Stuart Sayger to Al Feldstein!

I LOVE THIS :censored: ING HOBBY!!!

:applause:

That group that was at Peter's Friday night...I hate to get all mushy, but what a great group of guys.

When are we getting the pics and stories on the gathering?

there are several pics here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2523050#Post2523050

doh! Can't believe I didn't notice your SD thread! (thumbs u

That group that was at Peter's Friday night...I hate to get all mushy, but what a great group of guys.

When are we getting the pics and stories on the gathering?

there are several pics here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2523050#Post2523050

doh! Can't believe I didn't notice your SD thread! (thumbs u

:cry: