• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Mad 1 4.5, American Splendor 1 9.6 WHITE, Flash Comics 1 7.0 MP

52 posts in this topic

Hi. Please PM me with any questions about these books. First :takeit: gets the book, pending a PM with me to make sure we are both comfortable with the transaction as these are fairly expensive. If you receive the book and are not happy with it, please notify me within 5 days after receiving it and send it back, insured at your cost, within 10 days after receiving it. I will give a full refund, including the shipping on my end, after I receive it (in same slabbed condition as I sent it.) Unless otherwise indicated, I purchased all books raw and submitted the listed books to CGC myself within the past couple of months. I am not a dealer, and no one on the boards has ever met me, as far as I know, so PM me with any questions, and feel free to look over my posts to check out my interests. I accept Paypal and personal checks, which must clear first before I send the book.

All prices include domestic insured shipping, (the least expensive I can find- probably via USPS registered mail.) I will gladly ship it differently if you are willing to pay the shipping costs. I will mail the books ASAP, but because of my job, I may take 5 business days to mail. I will give you my email address and phone number so we can keep in good communication. I will package them appropriately.

I hope that covers things- trying to make things work smoothly.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Fantastic Four #1 CGC Universal 5.5 OW/W #0934237002 SOLD!

The big kahuna. Along with the standard minor defects, the big defect on this book is the tape pull in the upper left corner of the book, above "The Fant." It is a little hard to see because it blends in well with the cover of the book. Hopefully you will see it in the scans. This book was graded lower in the grading section here a few months ago, before I submitted it. It is a very solid book with a nice spine and clean staples, nice pages, some marvel chipping but very readable.

Slabbed scans below, raw scans HERE.

GPA data:

2008 (3) $6,573Hi $5,200Lo

May-04-2008 $6,573 Cert# 0796386002

Mar-01-2008 $5,200 Cert# 0148823001

Feb-28-2008 $5,975 Cert# 0029039005

Mad #1 CGC Universal 4.5 cream/OW #0934238001 $925

This was also graded in the grading section of the boards, and I think was graded about the same, 4.0 - 5.0. I thought this was a solid 4.5 when I submitted it. I bought it from an ebay seller a year ago who sold it as a 6.0 and would not let me return it. I enjoyed reading it, but would like to upgrade. Scans here.

American Splendor #1, Harvey Pekar 1976

2nd Highest Graded!

CGC Universal 9.6 White pages #0934239001 $1135

Also included: mid grade copies of #2, 3, 6, and 12.

This is a beautiful book. I have owned three other CGC graded 9.6 books, including two Gaines File Copies and my own X-men #135 I bought off the racks way back when, and this by far has the highest quality of the three (please don't tell the other 9.6's.) This comic is a real 9.6, not some fancy pedigree 9.6, and not a "from the collection of ..." 9.6. I submitted this to CGC and thought it would get a 9.8, as if that matters. From the CGC web site, there is one graded 9.8 and one graded 9.6. However, I know that Heritage sold a 9.6 with off-white pages in 2004 for $250 (they also sold a 9.4 for $1322, hence my price), so there must be at least two 9.6 copies. It is a beautiful book, though, and a strong 9.6. There is one tiny crease on the spine and a very small scuff on the back cover. A "must have" for the discriminating Harvey Pekar collector!

Flash Comics #1. CGC 7.0 MP. $7795.

I purchased this book already slabbed.

Please refer to old sales thread HERE.

63375.jpg.bce06e0c61d6e2cff3920a355a1dab32.jpg

63377.jpg.fa02c85b836ad4181a7a2376156288dd.jpg

63378.jpg.b151369ce5be8c8fde26b0f356d5a977.jpg

63379.jpg.4f6841eee5a6b7edff19d337c28524b8.jpg

Did I miss the price? Edit, yes I did. doh!

Are you drunk too?

Unfortunately, no. Am scrambling to raise funds for a really nice buy. The kind of stuff you usually have.

We need to create an AA meeting subforum.

I think comics and beer go well together. Especially spending money on comics while drinking beer. :acclaim: Am I the only one that thinks this? (shrug):devil:

Sorry for the derail, but it keeps your book at the top at least....

what a bunch of grading noobs

I totally agree! Actually, in this case the book looks better than the grades given. And as I said, I will refund the price plus the shipping on my end if you are not happy with it. Here are some more scans.

:jokealert:

63370.jpg.382a7ece2bc0e168322000d60762f735.jpg

63371.jpg.e7deeb7ff4678dbd69add764c056e9f8.jpg

Are you drunk too?

Unfortunately, no. Am scrambling to raise funds for a really nice buy. The kind of stuff you usually have.

oooooooohhhhh! Inquiring minds want to know what the Donut is picking up...

Are you drunk too?

23 long boxes in NY

Gas and tolls to go get them will cost more than the books.

lol

Are you drunk too?

23 long boxes in NY

Gas and tolls to go get them will cost more than the books.

lol

Nope. Much much much better. But enough derailing.