• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33 ASM #33 9.9 LOL

164 posts in this topic

That's absolutely anecdotal evidence. Just like your stating that all of Dusrob's unrestored comics were returned purple labeled, which cannot possibly be true because he didn't purchase or win any unrestored comics as the records illustrate.

I don't give many refunds at all. The forum members say I do. The ones who don't and haven't purchased anything. Less than 1 in 100 are returned to me. Again, did you see the AS 33? Ask Dusrob to send you a detailed scan. The comic is unflawed. Whomever restored it eliminated all flaws, no matter how minute they were. The comic is flawless.

I only brought this up in this forum because I remember reading a thread here when it was on ebay for sale, and I was just giving a follow up on what many already knew....

But grinder, how do you feel about your information being completely wrong? Not about the AS 33, but the gist of the accusations? You've accused me of selling someone restored comics as unrestored. Someone whom only purchased restored comics. They should have graded restored. No surprise. Buy a restored comic from me, it will grade restored. CGC is good. They've missed a few but on a whole, their detection is #1 in this hobby. My detection is on par with their skills as my record aptly shows; 2 misses out of 1500.

Here we go.... :busy:

Sorry you see it that way. I thought you (collectively) would be interested in some tangible facts. The forum is a court system in a way and once accused, doesn't the defense have a say? Isn't this very important if the charges presented in the case are all false? The only true statements in the first post are that:

1) Dusrob did buy comics from me

2) The AS 33 got a 9.4

But every detail about the purchases was grossly inaccurate, a pure fantasy.

fact is...it was listed by you an Unrestored 9.9. hm underhanded and sneeky as I see it.

I'm confused. (shrug) It looks like it was listed as a RESTORED 9.9 not unrestored.

I only brought this up in this forum because I remember reading a thread here when it was on ebay for sale, and I was just giving a follow up on what many already knew....

But grinder, how do you feel about your information being completely wrong? Not about the AS 33, but the gist of the accusations? You've accused me of selling someone restored comics as unrestored. Someone whom only purchased restored comics. They should have graded restored. No surprise. Buy a restored comic from me, it will grade restored. CGC is good. They've missed a few but on a whole, their detection is #1 in this hobby. My detection is on par with their skills as my record aptly shows; 2 misses out of 1500.

If I remember correctly, the 9.9 was listed as unrestored...right? Thats the only , as you would call it "accusation" . And that is what dusrob said!

Sneaky and underhanded? Did you examine the comic?

Was the TOS 39 sold on eBay last week CGC 7.5, bought one month before on eBay as a CGC 6.0 sneaky and underhanded?

Looked to good to be true!
and Apparently, it was

Not my purchase, not my sale. Not restored as far as I know. I simply compared the scans and the seller of the 7.5 was the purchaser of the 6.0 right on eBay. Neither buyer nor seller being me.

When these fantastic anecdotes are posted on the forum about a seller, wouldn't it be prudent to simply email the seller brought into question before posting potentially harmful information? Either someone is bearing false witness or suffering from amnesia

Here are the tangible, undisputable facts concerning all of Robert Harler's (Dusrob's) comic purchases from Robojo33:

170236576988 TALES OF SUSPENSE #99 Appt. NM- 9.2 (RESTORED) 1 $28.00 USD $28.00 USD

180224340021 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #60 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $102.50 USD $102.50 USD

170202128401 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $249.95 USD $249.95 USD

170202107323 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #57 Appt. NM+ 9.6 RESTORED 1 $49.95 USD $49.95 USD

150226498670 THOR #170 Appt. NM+ 9.6 1 $26.00 USD $26.00 USD

150226174320 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #56 Appt. NM- 9.2 RESTORED 1 $34.95 USD $34.95 USD

170197611603 BATMAN #200 NM- 9.2 1 $64.25 USD $64.25 USD ... DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, Never made it past the central hub... REFUND EFFECTED

170191221474 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #135 Appt. VF/NM PUNISHER 1 $10.35 USD $10.35 USD

These are direct excerpts from my paypal logs and I'm sure that there are those here that have saved all of my listings to verify their accuracy.

Also, The only Detective comic that I have listed since Rob began his string of restored comic purchases from me was a Det. 387 listed as restored. I couldn't find it on my logs, so I'm not yet sure if Rob was the purchaser. If so he might have paid with a check, again I'm unsure, but the point being that Robert Harler only won and received comics from me with all of the restoration fully disclosed. All of his wins were on restored comics except for the Batman 200, which was returned by the post office, the box bent in the middle and half ripped open.

He never asked for a refund on any of his purchases.

A word on the AS 33 that was returned CGC 9.4 ®. Yes. I listed it as Mint-. The comic is flawless. CGC is notorious for harsh treatment on restored high grades. The 33 is as beautiful and as unflawed as any CGC 9.8 or 9.9 UNrestored. I have never seen a restored grade given above 9.6 by CGC on a silver age comic. Close up, clear scans of the AS 33 would bear this out.

Should I watch the UFC tonight, or this thread? Tough call. :popcorn:

When these fantastic anecdotes are posted on the forum about a seller, wouldn't it be prudent to simply email the seller brought into question before posting potentially harmful information? Either someone is bearing false witness or suffering from amnesia

Here are the tangible, undisputable facts concerning all of Robert Harler's (Dusrob's) comic purchases from Robojo33:

170236576988 TALES OF SUSPENSE #99 Appt. NM- 9.2 (RESTORED) 1 $28.00 USD $28.00 USD

180224340021 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #60 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $102.50 USD $102.50 USD

170202128401 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $249.95 USD $249.95 USD

170202107323 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #57 Appt. NM+ 9.6 RESTORED 1 $49.95 USD $49.95 USD

150226174320 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #56 Appt. NM- 9.2 RESTORED 1 $34.95 USD $34.95 USD

170197611603 BATMAN #200 NM- 9.2 1 $64.25 USD $64.25 USD ... DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, Never made it past the central hub... REFUND EFFECTED

170191221474 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #135 Appt. VF/NM PUNISHER 1 $10.35 USD $10.35 USD

These are direct excerpts from my paypal logs and I'm sure that there are those here that have saved all of my listings to verify their accuracy.

Also, The only Detective comic that I have listed since Rob began his string of restored comic purchases from me was a Det. 387 listed as restored. I couldn't find it on my logs, so I'm not yet sure if Rob was the purchaser. If so he might have paid with a check, again I'm unsure, but the point being that Robert Harler only won and received comics from me with all of the restoration fully disclosed. All of his wins were on restored comics except for the Batman 200, which was returned by the post office, the box bent in the middle and half ripped open.

A word on the AS 33 that was returned CGC 9.4 ®. Yes. I listed it as Mint-. The comic is flawless. CGC is notorious for harsh treatment on restored high grades. The 33 is as beautiful and as unflawed as any CGC 9.8 or 9.9 UNrestored. I have never seen a restored grade given above 9.6 by CGC on a silver age comic. Close up, clear scans of the AS 33 would bear this out.

I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm here to present tangible facts on the false charges made in post 1, until I get banned of course, not for fighting or breaking rules. I'm here to dispel these false charges made in post 1.

I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm here to present tangible facts on the false charges made in post 1.

UFC it is, then.

I'm not here to fight with anyone. I'm here to present tangible facts on the false charges made in post 1.

I must say, I don't watch to many of your listings anymore...did you recently sell a 9.9 restored copy #33?

Found the buyer of the supposed 9.9 ASM #33 and you will all believe the outcome.

I emailed a seller on ebay selling a 9.4 App. #33 and asked him if he bought that from Robojo33, and if it was the supposed 9.9. And this is what he said

"YES IT WAS,I HAVE BOUGHT ABOUT 8 COMICS FROM HIM,3 THAT HE DID NOT SAY WERE RESTORED CAME BACK RESTORED-- THE DETECTIVE COMIC, THOR, AND ONE OTHER SPIDER-MAN BOOK THAT I GOT GRADED. HE DID OFFER TO BUY THEM BACK THOUGH. SO FAR A BAD DEAL!!!

- dusrob"

Selling it on ebay tells me Dupcak never paid him back.

Not to mention, this is dusrob's email to me! READ IT AGAIN!

If I am wrong I do apologize....I remember you selling a raw 9.9 #33......am I wrong?

Grinder, you are absolutely 100% correct on that. I stand by my grade. If comics that were resubmitted as 9.2s can get a 9.6, or a resubmission go from a 9.0 to a 7.5, or a 6.0 get bumped up to a 7.5, and these occurrences fairly common in the hobby, is it feasible that even a perfect comic, with no visible flaws, can receive a 9.4?

The 33 was perfect. All flaws removed. One or a few very small stress lines color touched. It might have been trimmed too, I don't remember offhand. If it was, it was listed as trimmed. CGC is very tough on the grades of a trimmed restored comic.

I've seen CGC 8.0 purple labels that looked much, much higher in grade. It seems as though sometimes they grade a restored comic and don't deduct for the apparent flaws (now rendered "invisible"), and on others, they grade it as if the falws were not treated.

If you saw detailed scans of the 33 or the comic inhand, you would think that was the nicest 9.4 in the world.

Sneaky and underhanded? Did you examine the comic?

Was the TOS 39 sold on eBay last week CGC 7.5, bought one month before on eBay as a CGC 6.0 sneaky and underhanded?

What's that got to do with the question at hand, Danny? (shrug)

The usual diversionary tactics, is what. They're like one ing huge fingerprint, my friend. Smoke and mirrors.

Concentrate, now, concentrate...and keep repeating. 'I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subje...'

Found the buyer of the supposed 9.9 ASM #33 and you will all believe the outcome.

I emailed a seller on ebay selling a 9.4 App. #33 and asked him if he bought that from Robojo33, and if it was the supposed 9.9. And this is what he said

"YES IT WAS,I HAVE BOUGHT ABOUT 8 COMICS FROM HIM,3 THAT HE DID NOT SAY WERE RESTORED CAME BACK RESTORED-- THE DETECTIVE COMIC, THOR, AND ONE OTHER SPIDER-MAN BOOK THAT I GOT GRADED. HE DID OFFER TO BUY THEM BACK THOUGH. SO FAR A BAD DEAL!!!

- dusrob"

Selling it on ebay tells me Dupcak never paid him back.

Not to mention, this is dusrob's email to me! READ IT AGAIN!

All false. Is it possible that for some unfathomable reason, he's lying? He only bought restored comics. All 8 he bought and received were restored. The Batman #200 unrestored never made it to him. It was returned to me from the central hum in St. Louis, box damaged, photos sent to Rob, refund made.

All of his purchases were listed as restored. All apparent and/or restored boldly mentioned in the title and description, all work disclosed.