• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up my 1st More Fun in 10 years!!!!

102 posts in this topic

Nice pick up Steve......now that you're back in the saddle again, do you plan to keep your books raw, or send them to your alma mater for slabbing?

Steve

Once I read it, it goes to CGC. (Gotta make sure I didn't miss any resto lol ) and besides, I like seeing those boys work :devil:

Nice 5.0....Those More Funs are more than just pretty covers...the interiors are :cloud9: ....I am genuinely happy for you, to return to your roots.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus (thumbs u

Wish it was a 5.0 more like a 3/3.5, still sweet and unrestored. :cloud9:

I know you will get this a lot, but you better send to CGC to confirm the "unrestored" part :baiting:

Sick minds think alike :makepoint:

I wonder if a new grade bump will now become available. Nic has one.lol Possibly a Steve bump is on the way now.... Still a very nice way to get back into collecting...

Yep! already worked out! I get 11.0's on all submissions!! :banana:

Steve, it's great to have you back. 893applaud-thumb.gif But I guess it means that the chances of any of us completing our collecting goals have just become a bit slimmer. eek.gif
you know, I was thinking the same thing.... with steve collecting again, as well, that just increased the competition.... lol

Some of you might know that, before CGC, I had one of the best More Fun collections. It was my favorite GA title and my collection included the church copies of 42-49, 52, 59, 62, many San Frans, Crippens, and a few other pedigrees as well as a VF 53 and the Nova Scotia 54.

I gave up collecting and sold ALL my comics before CGC so there would not appear to be any conflict of interest.

Just bought my 1st one in 10 years and I happened to start with the BEST cover of the run....65 grin.gif Picked it up at a small Tampa show today and wanted to share it with fellow collectors.

scan0047gh8.jpg

scan0048xt3.jpg

yeah, that's a real nice book you've got there; just stay away from the books on my want list or i'll be wishing you were still in sarasota.

Once I read it, it goes to CGC. (Gotta make sure I didn't miss any resto), and besides, I like seeing those boys work

And having it graded will make it easier to flip for a substantial profit! (thumbs u

:jokealert:

yeah, that's a real nice book you've got there; just stay away from the books on my want list or i'll be wishing you were still in sarasota.

No problem! I am only looking for a handful of books. Here's my want list:

amazing man comics 5, 9, 10, 11, 22, 24, 25 & 26. blue bolt 118. champion/champ 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 & 23. choice comics 3. dynamic 8. fantastic comics 3, 5, 6 & 8. great comics 3. heroic comics 5, 10, 11 & 12. hit comics 5, 17 & 19. mystery comics 2. mystery men 7. punch 12 & 19. science comics 4, 5 & 6. silver streak 16 & nn. slam-bang comics 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7. victory comics 4. weird comics 3 & 4. wonder/wonderworld 1, 2, 9, & 15. yankee 3.

:devil:

:kidaround:

Originally Posted By: sborock
Once I read it, it goes to CGC. (Gotta make sure I didn't miss any resto), and besides, I like seeing those boys work

And having it graded will make it easier to flip for a substantial profit! \(thumbs u

calledajoke.gif

That as well!!!! :grin:

Congratulations Steve. So you're "not" keeping it raw. hm

Nope!

If I sell it, it will sell faster.

If something happens (theft, flood, etc), I can give the insurance people my submission form & they can call CGC for the grade.

.....and it looks great in a CGC holder!

To the right of the door as you walk in but to the left of Tim's booth? Tim's buddy who is usually there with a handful of GA books. Can't recall his name myself. :tonofbricks:

But anyway, way to go TAMPA SHOW for having such a cool book!!