• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does a book with a "No Grade" fit into the registry?

20 posts in this topic

Can a book that has been given a "NG" be added to the registry? If so, are there any points for the book, or does it just serve as a placeholder for the slot?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

CGC needs to confirm this, but I'm guessing there's a new field to the DB that indicates "NG" and the actual grade is referenced with .0...which, if added will probably net you 0 points.

Hows that for a wild guess?

That was what I was thinking. Maybe someone from CGC will confirm this.

CGC needs to confirm this, but I'm guessing there's a new field to the DB that indicates "NG" and the actual grade is referenced with .0...which, if added will probably net you 0 points.

Hows that for a wild guess?

I would think that a Action Comics #1 NG should net you more than 0 points. I would take a NG Action #1 over a 9.8 modern any day of the week.

If the points are supposed to represent the scarcity and value of the slab, I would say at this point wrap 1 should at least get 2000 points.

Current bid 1900+ dollars.

Wrap 1 Definitely hard to come by.

Tried adding this one to the registry (any excuse to post it again):

action1wrap3cgcng.jpg

The result? The registry agrees that it is valid for the slot, but fails to save it when I add it to a set. A bit buggy it seems.

I expect the lack of response from CGC on this question thus far is that NG's haven't been implemented either as a 'yes' or a 'no' at this stage, and they're waiting until they HAVE an answer :)

I'd vote to allow it in a registry set slot. Not sure about scoring. I'd understand if it was decided to score it as zero.

I agree that it should be allowed in a registry set slot. I would also understand if it got no points. Figuring in the price of these wraps, you would think they would get some points.

I expect the lack of response from CGC on this question thus far is that NG's haven't been implemented either as a 'yes' or a 'no' at this stage, and they're waiting until they HAVE an answer :)

I'd vote to allow it in a registry set slot. Not sure about scoring. I'd understand if it was decided to score it as zero.

OK, it's been over 4 months now since the question was first asked!

May we have an answer please? Select from the following:

A) Yes, NG's can be added to the registry. We are implementing it now.

B) No, NG's will not be eligible for addition to the registry.

C) We haven't decided yet, but are considering how best to handle NG's with regards to the registry. Stay tuned.

I wonder how many NG's are out there now? Anyone else here got one? (Apart from you comicdonna obviously :) )

OK, it's been over 4 months now since the question was first asked!

May we have an answer please? Select from the following:

A) Yes, NG's can be added to the registry. We are implementing it now.

B) No, NG's will not be eligible for addition to the registry.

C) We haven't decided yet, but are considering how best to handle NG's with regards to the registry. Stay tuned.

I wonder how many NG's are out there now? Anyone else here got one? (Apart from you comicdonna obviously :) )

:grin:

• Administrator

This has been in the works since the first NG was graded, but there is a bunch of back work that needs to be done on previous books and wraps to make them eligible. I will let you know when there is anything decided. Currently (as previously stated in this thread) the books will not register properly.

No official decision has been made at this point.

This has been in the works since the first NG was graded, but there is a bunch of back work that needs to be done on previous books and wraps to make them eligible. I will let you know when there is anything decided. Currently (as previously stated in this thread) the books will not register properly.

No official decision has been made at this point.

Aha! This is what I hoped/imagined the case was: Undecided - pending decisions.

Thanks for letting us know it isn't completely off radar :)