• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top-Ten Coolest Spidey Villains (Silver Age Only)

39 posts in this topic

This has probably been pondered ad nauseam, but here's my 10 and I'm sticking with it.

1. Gobby

2. Doc Ock

3. Lizard

4. Electro

5. Kingpin

6. Mysterio

7. Kraven

8. Rhino

9. Scorpion

10. Vulture (for longevity at least)

The Weak :

Any of those J.J.J Robots

Molton Man

The Beetle

Medusa

This has probably been pondered ad nauseam, but here's my 10 and I'm sticking with it.

1. Gobby

2. Doc Ock

3. Lizard

4. Electro

5. Kingpin

6. Mysterio

7. Kraven

8. Rhino

9. Scorpion

The Weak :

Molton Man

The Beetle

Medusa

The only problem is that you've pretty much covered ALL of the villains from the Silver Age ;) For a real slobber-knocker, try making a Top 5! What's great about the Silver Age villains though Rich, is how well each of these guys holds up. Honestly, make a list of the best of Spidey's Rogues gallery and I'd be shocked to see very many changes. (thumbs u

Actually there’s a lot more silver age Spidey villains; the Burglar, the Chameleon, terrible Tinkerer, the Sandman, Dr. Doom, the Living Brain, the Big Man, the Enforcers, the Ringmaster, the Crimemaster, the Cat, the Looter… and that’s just up to issue #36! To be sure, a couple of these don’t originally appear in ASM, but still a pretty cool rogues gallery for only 36 issues. That’s 25 different foes in the first 37 issues. Not bad.

Your list is perfect, except if we are going on "coolest" than Shocker takes Vultures spot...nothing cool about the Vulture.

If we are cutting it down to 5 SA villians, we go Gobby, Doc Ock, Kingpin, Mysterio and Kraven.

Jim

Agreed!

1. Gobby

2. Doc Ock

3. Lizard

4. Electro

5. Kingpin

6. Mysterio

7. Kraven

8. Rhino

9. Scorpion

The Weak :

Molton Man

The Beetle

Medusa

My list:GGDoc OckKravenSandmanLizardKingpinScorpionMolten ManMysterioVulture

Your list is perfect, except if we are going on "coolest" than Shocker takes Vultures spot...nothing cool about the Vulture.

If we are cutting it down to 5 SA villians, we go Gobby, Doc Ock, Kingpin, Mysterio and Kraven.

Jim

46 was my first "key" ASM book. I bought it for about $12-$15 in roughly GD+ to G/VG and I LOVE IT! :cloud9:

You got to also include J. Jonah Jameson .He has been the longest- most consistent enemy spidey has dealt with.His smear campaign against Spider-Man has turned much of the city against the hero and there's nothing Spidey can really do about it.Sure he dont have super-villian powers (exception: his spider-slayer outfit) but he does know how to make the web-slinger's life a living hell.

If you like 'ole JJJ...you should do yourself a favor and pick up a TTA # 32 and check out the Ditko short story...let me know what you think.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Originally Posted By: SilverRich
This has probably been pondered ad nauseam, but here's my 10 and I'm sticking with it.<br /><br />1. Gobby<br />2. Doc Ock<br />3. Lizard<br />4. Electro<br />5. Kingpin<br />6. Mysterio<br />7. Kraven<br />8. Rhino<br />9. Scorpion<br />10. Vulture (for longevity at least)<br /><br />The Weak :<br />Any of those J.J.J Robots<br />Molton Man<br />The Beetle<br />Medusa

The only problem is that you've pretty much covered ALL of the villains from the Silver Age ;\) For a real slobber-knocker, try making a Top 5!

What's great about the Silver Age villains though Rich, is how well each of these guys holds up. Honestly, make a list of the best of Spidey's Rogues gallery and I'd be shocked to see very many changes. \(thumbs u

i.e., Ditko creations! :headbang:

Well... Bronze Age really had some pretty awful villains for ol' Webhead. But yeah, nothing too intimidating about a flying geriatric.

forgot about that MindWorm....

The Vulture could quite possibly be the worst Spidey Villain of all time!

I guess I have a special place in my heart for the old "bird" because when you think of it, he was WebHead's first actual super-foe, albiet only the power to fly.

The point someone made about them all being Ditko was right on point.