• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Interest Out There for Low to Mid-Grade Archie, Romance, Oddball?

13 posts in this topic

Hi gang,

I'm going to sell at a show in November with the objective of unloading some of my unwanted odds and ends (mostly recent Modern and low to mid-grade Silver/Bronze), and I was offered a small collection, consisting of roughly 250 books from the late Silver through the Bronze Age.

I went to see it in the hopes of finding some books of personal interest, but incredibly NOTHING!!! One ASM issue and about 20-30 DC books (mostly Superman titles). The rest is made up of things like MILLIE, BINKY, GO-GO, ARCHIE (almost half of the lot!!!), various ROMANCE comics and some DELL/GOLD KEY. I'd say the books for the most past range in grade from GD to FN-, with most falling in between in the GD/VG area.

Would these type of books move fast if I priced almost all of them @$2 each? NONE are bagged and/or boarded.. *sigh*. I'd have to buy supplies so I wasn't going to offer very much...

What do you think? I'm into reading the Romance and Oddball stuff, but would others pay $2/book for reader copies? If not I won't waste my time on it.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Sadly, no. I'd keep those myself if they were of solid VG or higher... The Millie-related stuff was of the $0.15/0.20 variety if I recall correctly. STERANKO issue huh? I'm getting into his stuff of late... Picked up some nice STRANGE TALES featuring STERANKO covers and SHIELD issues...

Good luck!

Steranko is the man. Our Love Story 5 is the last 5 issues I need to have all of Steranko's Silver and Bronze art. You'd be suprised at the number of odd covers he did. i.e. Shanna The She-Devil 1,2 (Bronze) and Doc Savage 2 (Bronze). I have that stuff. Just missing a few odd Strange Tales, Doc Savage 3 and the Our Love Story 5.

hey, i love that stuff when i snag it in a dollar box and $2 isn't out of the question if people are looking for particular issues. i might sometimes go $2 on stuff like that if the cover/issue interests me. heck, maybe more if the right book is in the right condition. last millie i sold was a 20 cent picture frame in F/VF or so condition and I got $5 for it on ebay.

sounds like stuff to make $2 at the start of the show and maybe drop at the end of the show if necessary or be willing to work on the price if someone buys a stack. heck, it only sounds like a long box worth of stuff, less if not bagged and boarded.

hey, i love that stuff when i snag it in a dollar box and $2 isn't out of the question if people are looking for particular issues. i might sometimes go $2 on stuff like that if the cover/issue interests me. heck, maybe more if the right book is in the right condition. last millie i sold was a 20 cent picture frame in F/VF or so condition and I got $5 for it on ebay.

sounds like stuff to make $2 at the start of the show and maybe drop at the end of the show if necessary or be willing to work on the price if someone buys a stack. heck, it only sounds like a long box worth of stuff, less if not bagged and boarded.

I'm pretty certain the MILLIE and romance stuff would move, but what about those Archies? I, like most people my age, grew up reading that stuff, but is anyone willling to PAY for reader copies these days? Same goes for things like RICHIE RICH.... hm

What Blob said. Low to midgrade books of those genres are dollar box fodder, and you could do worse than to just toss the box up as is, and let the reader types dig through looking for affordable goodies.

And don't turn your nose up at the Archies either, they'll all sell eventually at a buck apiece.

If I was attending the show I'd bulk buy all your leftovers at the end.