• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll...Should Pressing be Disclosed?

Shoulf Pressing be Disclosed?  

450 members have voted

1. 1. Shoulf Pressing be Disclosed?

103 posts in this topic

Yes - when asked (as it's not restoration according to Overstreet, CGC and the CGC Forum members.........).

I've never sold a pressed book and have proactively disclosed in the single instance of a book I'm currently selling - so, there... :sumo:

What if the buyer says "Don't tell me if it's been pressed so then I'm under no olbigation to tell the next buyer"?

Does that make him a Spoon?

No offense Pontoon.

Yes - when asked (as it's not restoration according to Overstreet, CGC and the CGC Forum members.........).

It was restoration for years according to Overstreet. That opinion changed only last year, and with no real substantive explanation. The Restoration of the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide's Definition of Restoration As far as CGC is concerned, because pressing would understandably corrupt/harm their business model why would anyone expect an unbiased opinion?

I really don't care anymore as I am starting to overdose on all this pressing sh*t. I voted no because it is what is expected of me. If someone wants to know, let them ing ask. Lazy basturds.

:insane:

31 to 17 so far in favor of disclosure.

Yes but isn't it funny how many of those who voted "yes" also posted their opinion, while the naysayers (with a couple of exceptions) remain mostly silent? hm

As for me, I say full disclosure, each and every time :sumo:

Let the buyer decide if what has been done to the book is acceptable or not. Many people have nothing against pressing or other forms or resto in general, but they still should know everything that the book has been subjected to in the past.