• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Honesty or stupidity?

Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?

68 posts in this topic

I'm gonna de-rail this thread by letting everyone know I just celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary last Tues Aug 19...I'm pretty proud of that fact and I love my old lady more today than the day I met her! :cloud9:

(And met her when I was 18... :cloud9: :cloud9: ! )

I'm gonna de-rail this thread by letting everyone know I just celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary last Tues Aug 19...I'm pretty proud of that fact and I love my old lady more today than the day I met her! :cloud9:

:applause:

:headbang:

hen pecked

the simplest answer is NEVER TELL. You need to examine why you are telling her. And what the result will be. Truth is its just one more SELFISH act compounding the actual infidelity itself.

First you betray her.

Now, because YOU feel guilty, you tell her.

Now YOU feel virtuous and honest, and she, who was blissfully unaware, has to live with the knowledge that you are untrustworthy, and will do it again.

Boy, what a great honest guy you are!

If you cheated once, and feel guilty, never tell and never do it again. Simple answer. Thats the best way to deal with it. Causing her MORE pain for your peace of mind is a bigger mistake.

the simplest answer is NEVER TELL. You need to examine why you are telling her. And what the result will be. Truth is its just one more SELFISH act compounding the actual infidelity itself.

First you betray her.

Now, because YOU feel guilty, you tell her.

Now YOU feel virtuous and honest, and she, who was blissfully unaware, has to live with the knowledge that you are untrustworthy, and will do it again.

Boy, what a great honest guy you are!

If you cheated once, and feel guilty, never tell and never do it again. Simple answer. Thats the best way to deal with it. Causing her MORE pain for your peace of mind is a bigger mistake.

yeah make sure she doesn`t find out because for every one of her she can get 10 of us. for every one women we get,thier are at least 10 men will be lining up to replace the husband or boyfriend. thats how it is. a man can go into a bar with 200 hundred dollars and doesn`t know if he is going home with a woman. a woman can go into the bar with 2 cents and knows she is going home with a man if she wants to.

you need better pickup lines!

seriously though, thats all sounds true enough, but I think it works both ways more evenly than you think. Turns out women want it as much as guys do. They go out dressed to kill and looking to get picked up. If they go home alone (to them) its the guy's fault.

seriously though, thats all sounds true enough, but I think it works both ways more evenly than you think. Turns out women want it as much as guys do. They go out dressed to kill and looking to get picked up. If they go home alone (to them) its the guy's fault.

I am happily married with kids,so hopefully I don`t need pickup lines.

I like this guys reasoning :applause:

I like this guys reasoning :applause:

that`s the thing though, they might want it as much as guys do but they also can get it when they want it over the average joe. women don`t need pick up lines and drunk courage like some men do. now thier are exceptions if your a rich good looking dude or if your a real butt ugly woman.for the most part the women have the power of who they will sleep with.

Need more shining examples like that. Congratulations!