• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

189 DCs To Go

80 posts in this topic

I've enjoyed reading the threads, but keeping all in one thread should keep everyone happy.

Yes but the "189 DCs To Go" is the ONE thread about it.

The "Double Action" thread is specifically about Double Action.

The "Great DC Mystery" thread is specifically about books listed in Overstreet which seem to be so rare as to not exist.

The "DC Seventieth Birthday" thread is about bringing back some Gold and Silver Age titles but with new stories, and going back to the proper number sequences.

All quite different threads.

The only one about my collection is, and indeed should be, the "189 DCs To Go".

Am I right here ????

I've enjoyed reading the threads, but keeping all in one thread should keep everyone happy.

The "Great DC Mystery" thread is specifically about books listed in Overstreet which seem to be so rare as to not exist.

The "DC Seventieth Birthday" thread is about bringing back some Gold and Silver Age titles but with new stories, and going back to the proper number sequences.

Am I right here ????

Yea, totally right. As far as I'm concerned you can start a new thread every day about 100 different topics. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't. With the amount of new threads posted here daily and the number of those threads that are repetitive I don't see where anyone can complain. And if they don't like it then em. There are enough people around here that make totally worthless post that I find it hard to listen to someone complain about posts that are actually about comics.

To hell with making everyone happy. As long as the majority like reading these posts then screw the ones that don't like it. thumbsup2.gif

Yea, totally right. As far as I'm concerned you can start a new thread every day about 100 different topics. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't. With the amount of new threads posted here daily and the number of those threads that are repetitive I don't see where anyone can complain. And if they don't like it then em. There are enough people around here that make totally worthless post that I find it hard to listen to someone complain about posts that are actually about comics. To hell with making everyone happy. As long as the majority like reading these posts then screw the ones that don't like it.

I like you.

My new best friend,

Yea, totally right. As far as I'm concerned you can start a new thread every day about 100 different topics. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't. With the amount of new threads posted here daily and the number of those threads that are repetitive I don't see where anyone can complain. And if they don't like it then em. There are enough people around here that make totally worthless post that I find it hard to listen to someone complain about posts that are actually about comics. To hell with making everyone happy. As long as the majority like reading these posts then screw the ones that don't like it.

I like you.

My new best friend,

Please, however, post your new want list! I can continue to find stuff.

I like you.

My new best friend,

27_laughing.gif I knew someone would come along and lay it out. I agree with Oldguy btw.

Russ

Am I right here ????

Yea, totally right. As far as I'm concerned you can start a new thread every day about 100 different topics. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't. With the amount of new threads posted here daily and the number of those threads that are repetitive I don't see where anyone can complain. And if they don't like it then em. There are enough people around here that make totally worthless post that I find it hard to listen to someone complain about posts that are actually about comics.

To hell with making everyone happy. As long as the majority like reading these posts then screw the ones that don't like it. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

So the question raied on the other thread is........

Do we continue this at the same rate (people on here found or offered about ten comics off the list purely over the last weekend alone - so it's CLEARLY working).

Or do we chill ??????

Ignore the whiners. Keep going. It's pretty damn thrilling to me to hear someone's this close to completing such a herculean collecting task. This is what forum's are for and if they're not interested, they can ignore your threads. Wish I could help out, but at least I get the excitment of witnessing your accomplishment as it progresses.

Wish I could help out, but at least I get the excitment of witnessing your accomplishment as it progresses.

I'm in the same boat. Ian probably has more DC comics in the mail on their way to him then I have in my entire collection. grin.gif But it's still fun to watch the last days of such a massive undertaking. popcorn.gif

To hell with making everyone happy. As long as the majority like reading these posts then screw the ones that don't like it.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? flamed.gif

I think you should start a new thread every once in a while to show you have less DC's to go and myabe more people will become interested in helping. What is the count down to anyways now? I was looking to see if you had a list but did not see it in this thread.

What is up with Dexters Laboratory being bid so high? It's looks like a relatively recent comic. Is it super rare or something?

popcorn.gif

Ian, if you have'nt checked out Comiclink go to their website at www.comiclink.com. They have about 8 or 9 on your list including All American 35 and 43, Comic Cavalcade 27 plus a few others. Some are VERY expensive especially the More Funs but at least they have them. Good luck.

I have been buying off Josh Nathanson, and he has eighteen for me at the moment.

Ian, while I can appreciate your quest to fulfill your collection. Can you please not change the subject line of your posts every time. Every time I see your post it appears to be a new post about something entirely different. Just keep the same subject line, Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Ian, while I can appreciate your quest to fulfill your collection. Can you please not change the subject line of your posts every time. Every time I see your post it appears to be a new post about something entirely different. Just keep the same subject line, Thanks

But I was just answering someone's comment in the immediate post before mine. Surely it's only polite to answer someone who's taken the trouble to try to help ?????

Ian...as a DC fanatic I am absolutely enthralled by your chase. I enjoy hearing about all aspects of these final outstanding pieces.

It is an achievement to marvel at...and one that I would not have the patience or single minded focus to complete myself.

By the way.......I have all the Flash Comics books you need bar 37 & 67 but would not part with them for love nor money. It just goes to show that when Comgeek sold me some high #80's (over 2 years ago) how right he was about their scarcity.

Good Luck......

By the way.....if it came down to you only having one or two books to go and I had them then I think we would be able to do a deal.

Ian, while I can appreciate your quest to fulfill your collection. Can you please not change the subject line of your posts every time. Every time I see your post it appears to be a new post about something entirely different. Just keep the same subject line, Thanks

But I was just answering someone's comment in the immediate post before mine. Surely it's only polite to answer someone who's taken the trouble to try to help ?????

I think you misunderstand what I was trying to say. You replied to metarog's comment which had the subject line "Only 189 more to go". However when you responded to his comment you changed the subject line to read "Comiclink"

Just keep your subject line the same, which should be what your initial post is about.