• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

Nice books and scans (as usual). Thanks! (thumbs u

:golfclap: Hiyo!

"Nice books and scans (as usual)." - Bonds25

Okay... what with the, "As usual", remark? I do not show off my DC beauties, because my scanner does not "fudge" them up! I show them off to inspire others to check these DC's books out out and encourage others to show off their collection of DC's in the... Age of Moderns.

I simply meant that you always have nice books and scans, even though I don't comment on them often.

Ditto here. I definitely enjoy your enthusiasm, Spectre! :applause:(worship)

:jokealert: Hiyo!

Oh! My! Goodness! You really like me!? You really, really do!? Oh thank you, thank you! :acclaim:

P.S.

I made that comment to spark a comment on the board... cannot always having me rantrant -ing all the time! :devil:

:screwy: Hiyo!

:devil: Muahahahaha! :insane:

I told you I would return! :insane:

Now I know I have been showing off some favorites (In order of my collection) and not-so-much(s) (Salvation Run & Nightwing (Do not care too much for Nightwing/(D)ick) to name a few), but its time to show off some a very sexy lady... or girl?

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautifully illustrated covers by DC during... the Age of Moderns. That due to the high amounts of content displayed... it may cause and/or trigger a heart attack, stroke, or cause your internet and/or computer to stall because of the sheer magnitude of this threads showcase of DC glory! If you have and/or ever suffer from any heart-conditions, have weak constitution, have Microsoft's newest Windows Vista operating system on a non-Apple computer product, or is and/or are an avid Marvel Universe reader... please consult a doctor, computer technician (preferably a iGenius to acquire an Apple iMac), or run to a local DC comic book store provider before you try to commit any injure to yourself for not picking up the showcased books and sticking to sub-standard comics of Marvel. I mean, why eat soy-meat (any comic company other than DC) when you can have a real steak (DC comics)?

(Why cannot other women look so hot surrounded in fire and destruction... like her, in real life!?)

scan0087-4.jpg

(There is a reason why I love looking at this cover... and it is not for the Jor-El background! :luhv: )

scan0088-4.jpg

:applause: Hiyo!

Well since we shown... DC's Princess of Beauty! (Oh, Supergirl! :luhv: )

It is time for the... Man Show!!!

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautifully illustrated covers by DC during... the Age of Moderns. That due to the high amounts of content displayed... it may cause and/or trigger a heart attack, stroke, or cause your internet and/or computer to stall because of the sheer magnitude of this threads showcase of DC glory! If you have and/or ever suffer from any heart-conditions, have weak constitution, have Microsoft's newest Windows Vista operating system on a non-Apple computer product, or is and/or are an avid Marvel Universe reader... please consult a doctor, computer technician (preferably a iGenius to acquire an Apple iMac), or run to a local DC comic book store provider before you try to commit any injure to yourself for not picking up the showcased books and sticking to sub-standard comics of Marvel. I mean, why eat soy-meat (any comic company other than DC) when you can have a real steak (DC comics)?

(Gotta love this cover of beauty!)

scan0093-4.jpg

(Can you tell which one looks scary looking? Hint: Heat-Beam Eyes scare me more!)

scan0094-4.jpg

:news: Hiyo!

So here is the last 2 of my scanned collection so far thats scanned and uploaded to my Photobucket account... which brings us to 400 scanned DC comics in the Age of Moderns!

BONUS ROUND/PEEK AT THE UPCOMING NEW (100) SCANS!

(BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS! WHATCHA GOONA DO!? WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY TEAM YOU UP!)

scan0099-4.jpg

(Wonder what the election season be like if Batman ran for President with Superman as VP?)

scan0100-4.jpg

Neal Adams sketchy RRP goodness.... Thanks John :cloud9:

AllstarBatman8RRP.jpg

Very cool (thumbs u

:popcorn: Hiyo!

That is truly an awesome cover! Geez, I love the series All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder by Frank Miller and its cover/varient beauties!

P.S.

Anyone with the issues of All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder series... do you mind posting those lovelys!? Do not care if not in order!

I have the whole run, bar a couple of variants. I'll get them scanned in as soon as I can.

Slacker lol

I got sick of buying variants..... for about a day :grin:

:frustrated: Hiyo!

Oh you have to be kidding me! You telling me noone has been picking up any new DC or have some old DC in... the Age of Moderns?

Sorry for my delays though... been busy trying to get ready for the scanning and upload another 300 bundle of great DC, but you guys gotta keep it going until my return!

Plus, also lending (helping) in the delays for, new posting of DC, is my lack of comic materials (Bag, boards and comic boxes) and funds to acquired the items faster.

What happen to someone posting... All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder?

All-Star Superman by Grant "Comic Demi-God of DC" Morrison postings would be also greatly appreciated!

P.S.

Hopefully I will be ready for a new season of posting DC this Friday!

P.S.S.

Noone reading... Mighty!?

:applause: Hiyo!

Here ye, here ye! It is finally here! Weeks in the making that finally will be realized... today!

Dun!

Dun!

Dun!

Dun!

Duuuuunnnnn!

Duuuuuuuunnnnnnnn

DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

(If you read this issue... I fear for any hero/villian (Darkseid) to kill Batman and Superman is alive to see the deed)

scan0001-5.jpg

(Seems weird to how evil the founding members of the Legion becomes)

scan0002-5.jpg

(You thankful , but you do not think a Bizarro Superman/Bat-zarro monthly would be sooo horrible (Get it!?) :insane: )

scan0003-5.jpg

P.S.

Stand back there is a duo coming through!

:jokealert: Hiyo!

Guess who's back?

Back again?

Superman is

... and Batman too!

Guess who back!

Guess who back!

Guess who...

(Can you spot Bat-zarro? Hint: He the one with the creepy grinning teeth! :roflmao: )

scan0004-5.jpg

(Huge monkey that shoots krytonite-beams from his eyes!? SOLD!)

scan0005-5.jpg

(Man, what would have happen if Clark was a super-ugly alien baby!? Drop-off at Area 51, Martha!?)

scan0006-5.jpg

:foryou: Hiyo!

I have seen Watchman 5 times (3 theater viewings and 2 imax viewings)... how bout you, my fellow DC-readers!? :luhv: <3 :cloud9:

(You think the Metal Men have to right elements to defeat Superman & Batman? (: )

scan0007-5.jpg

(Love this cover, but it makes you think what would Dr. Octopus would look like... in DC)

scan0008-5.jpg

(Cannot tell if they (Meaning: Batman) are embarrass or they (Meaning: Superman) have suffered defeat)

scan0009-5.jpg