• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic link should have bid more

85 posts in this topic

For me it was 69 and 71.

(thumbs u

For me, the best Joker covers are:

1) Bat 11

2) Tec 69

3) everything else

Those two issues are just head and shoulders above the rest... quintessential Joker.

And that must be one helluva piece of art.

Fixed it for you :kidaround:

1) Tec 69

2) Bat 11

3) everything else

Those two issues are just head and shoulders above the rest... quintessential Joker.

Here's the thing the Detective 62 ... may not be the majestic iconic images of Bat 11 or Detective 69 and 71 ... but it will always and forever be the first true real recognizable Joker cover ... yeah I know the nearly indistinguishable image of the Joker on the cover of Detective 40 is technically the first ... but for all practical purposes with out a doubt it's hard to dis Detective 62 as the true first ... including a Joker story inside.

And it aint' to shabby considering the multiple images on the balloons...

Regarding the Twilight pedigree ... let's be clear hear to those who were dissing it. The number one damager of books is human handling.

The Twilights are essentially unread books. Look closely at the copies you see ... they are as the earlier poster and owner of the 71 said ... structurally better... he noted the superior structure of the 71 to the 69 ... this is consistent across the Twilight pedigree.

Twilights are Golden Age books stored after purchase, stuck in a dresser in Rochester New York ... untouched ... dark ... maybe not perfect storage conditions, but nice. Look at the 62 ... for my part it looks every bit as nice as the 8.5's ... and depending on mood at CGC books get graded cream one time and off white the next ... I believe the paper to be very much the same between the 62 and the 71 in the auction both Twilights ... but one got cream and the other off white ... that Detective 62 is 8.0 for my part that is a very fine book ...

The spine is perfect the corners are sharp ....

The Twilights may not be the "best" pedigree, but they are a pedigree nonetheless ... they beautiful books ... essentially untouched ... by humans ... there only drop in quality is time and for my part ... I rather have a perfect flat black cover with no color breaks, creases, etc ... a book that would pop if you opened it because it's never been opened ...WOW

Consider this ... many of the Twilights upon being found might well pop when opened because they had never been opened...as pretty as that non-pedigree 69 is .... it's been opened many times albeit carefully, hence the structural degradation .... it just blows me away that siamese pages are still intact in pedigree books ... because no kid, no human ever opened the book to read it ... give me all the Twilights ... thank you ... I'll take "garbage" pedigrees like them all day long.

Oh one more thing ... the page quality is actually very nice on the Twilights ... the tanning issues pertain only to the cover stock ... hence the 71 has offwhite/white pages ... but there is some tanning on the cover ... evident on the outside ... if the book were opened there would be heavier tanning on the inside cover ... for my part the 71 and 62 are the same grade ... either the 62 should have been an 8.5 or the 71 should have been a 7.0 ... or perhaps they are both 8.0's but there should not be a 1.5 grade disparity as best I can tell looking at them. And in that whoever bought the 62 got a very very good deal ... and should re sub to CGC ... they just might get an 8.0 or 8.5 ... that's my thinking anyway.

Someone sniped the Terry Toons 7 during the last 10 seconds. I was at 2000 all night with a max bid of 2400. The winner sniped with a 2500 win with 7 seconds left. doh!

Sorry Sardo, I know you really wanted that book. I got the Super Rabbit #1, and was really hoping you would get the Terry Toons. Partly because I know that book is high on your want list, and partly so I wouldnt have to compete with you for the next one. :sorry:

Someone sniped the Terry Toons 7 during the last 10 seconds. I was at 2000 all night with a max bid of 2400. The winner sniped with a 2500 win with 7 seconds left. doh!

Sorry Sardo, I know you really wanted that book. I got the Super Rabbit #1, and was really hoping you would get the Terry Toons. Partly because I know that book is high on your want list, and partly so I wouldnt have to compete with you for the next one. :sorry:

mess happens. I will snag a nicer copy next time (but will have to be prepared to bid 12-14x guide!!). Here are all of my c-link wins from the last two days:

This one at 25% under guide.

RADD3EC22008613_153045.jpg

RADBC842200884_15311.jpg

RAD9A1FC2008730_11745.jpg

RAD6A3AD2008730_11745.jpg

RAD12ED92008730_11746.jpg

RADED2BC200864_161056.jpg

RAD87FC8200864_16928.jpg

RAD1F081200864_153355.jpg

RADD7FA4200882_16329.jpg

RAD4E0ED200863_103459.jpg

Well, the final day of the auction ended with more of a whimper then a bang for me, but I made out with four GA gems over the three day span nonetheless.

Silver and Bronze prices were certainly nutty, while Gold prices were all across the board, from insanely strong to suprisingly soft.

Overall, another good Comiclink Featured auction. (thumbs u

Sorry Josh. I know that book stood high on your want list. You have won some very nice book though.

For me it was 69 and 71.

(thumbs u

1) Bat 11

2) Tec 69

3) everything else

Can't disagree with you. They both, for me, are the most classic Joker images. No others are even close.

Holy Carp! :o I had no idea that one was pulling that sort of multiple. I know of at least two copies that are nicer than a 7. (I have one--no, I'm not selling)

Holy Carp! :o I had no idea that one was pulling that sort of multiple. I know of at least two copies that are nicer than a 7. (I have one--no, I'm not selling)

But the Terry Toons 38 CGC 6.5 sold for $600 --- Go figure.

I have been on a hiatus from buying for a few months but I did pick this one up.

2516115370102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

Nice books to pick up on return from your hiatus! :applause:

But the Terry Toons 38 CGC 6.5 sold for $600 --- Go figure.

I should have snagged the 38. Would you consider the 38 a semi-GA key?

For me it was 69 and 71.

(thumbs u

1) Bat 11

2) Tec 69

3) everything else

Can't disagree with you. They both, for me, are the most classic Joker images. No others are even close.

I do have to say another one I thought of as really classic when I kept seeing it online was Batman 23, and I know others agree. However, once I finally owned a copy and had in hand, I was amazed how much I really didn't like the art. Robin has no eyes and Batman has a chin 10 times the size of Leno. Only the Joker looks decent on the cover.

On the flip side, a cover I found not too amazing seeing it on the computer is Detective 128. That is a beautiful cover in person.