• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What kind of character is Aquaman

Is Aquaman 1st Tier 2nd Tier or..3rd Tier  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aquaman 1st Tier 2nd Tier or..3rd Tier

17 posts in this topic

2nd tier. He only escapes the 3rd tier by virtue of being one of the Super-Friends on TV.

But then the only 1st tier DC characters IMHO would be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. So Aquaman has a lot of company in the 2nd tier, including Flash & GL. GA, Hawkman, etc. get relegated to 3rd tier I'm afraid!

I wouldn't have argued GL or Flash because I think they could go either way. Batman and Superman are no brainers. But I don't see how there can be any arguement for Aquaman to be a 1st tier character.

This is why the person said Aquaman is 2nd tier, "Aquaman 2nd tier are you mental he founded the jla ffs"

Well Doctor Strange was a founder of the Defenders and he's considered by most to be a 2nd tier guy. Similar to Aquaman his series never seem to last. Aquaman had a gap of over a decade without having his own on going title. To me that just tells you he shouldn't even be considered for the 1st tier.

His series never last and it took him a gazillion years just to make his first appearence on a cover.On his best days he's a second banana.He's lucky he survived the Crisis,but I guess his death would have had little shock value and the tadpole wouldn't have been much improvement.

I was thinking the same thing as Zonker. The only reason I give him any thought when I think of DC characters is because of the Super Friends.

How about those Wonder Twins? What was that stupid monkey's name? Wasn't it Gleek, or Bleep, or something dumb like that? tongue.gif

2nd tier only!!!!

If you need an example just compare Aquaman to the fish Dude in Joanna's Crisis series(when your a fish out of water....well...your a fish out of water). That being said I have enjoyed some of the Aquaman stuff(silver age artwork and the early hook for a hand issues). I believe DC has stated that they have plans to increase his powers soon and make him a world power unto himself...and he'll probably still be 2nd tier.

I forget...Were they killed off in Crisis? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

If you check out Aquaman in the Justice League cartoon.. he's very powerful. He wields a magical trident from Atlantis and his command over the sea life is undisputed/unparalleled. Still has the stupid hook though.

The Wonder Twins were Zan & Jan. The monkey's name was Gleek. Were they even in the comics? I only remember them from the TV show.

Oh yeah, Aquaman is low, even for a 2nd Tier Character. I'd say Flash and GL, though, are 1st Tier.

Chris

A. Yes they were in the comics

sf7.jpg

2. Flash and Green Lantern are 2nd tier characters evident especially Green Lantern who's book was canceled in the early 70's for lack of sales. Only Superman (Superboy), Batman & Robin, and Wonder Woman can be considered 1st tier characters in the DC universe.

D. Aquaman is second tier, simply because he survived the Golden age without a break in publication, an honor only he and Green Arrow (and Speedy) can share besides Supes, Bats and WW.