• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last taboo: Flipping

337 posts in this topic

No...I meant George didn't really care what the book was, he was only interested in the difference between the purchase price and the subsequent sales price. The actual good being sold was irrelevant, so of course he doesn't remember what book it was. :screwy:

Well, that brings up the amount of time you need to hold something before it becomes a flip...

For instance, I have greggy's undercopy of Batman #238 9.0 which is one of my childhood books. However, I've come to realize that I prefer the ACTUAL dog-eared, green duct-taped book (yes, 1/2" green duct tape along the spine) that I read as a kid to the slabbed HG copy.

If for any reason you ever come across any SA/BA comics with dark green duct tape along the spine, chances are that it used to once belong to my older brother (and me). (I sent him some of his old comic books back along with HG copies of the same books some years ago as a present so I don't know what happened to them.)

And yes, I stuck that monstrosity into a mylar with fullback :grin:

I know this might be odd, but I feel that if I bought it - I should keep it for a good length of time e.g. a year before I put it up for sale. I just don't want to give either the seller or buyer an impression that I was just in it to make money off of them.

Not that I think there is anything wrong with that at all. I would just feel bad if I bought something even for $1 and two days later sold it for $3. Weird I know and thats probably why I am always broke.

Well, that brings up the amount of time you need to hold something before it becomes a flip...

And this is why I think this whole argument against flipping is ridiculous. In this age of collector's ADD, you can almost guarantee that 90% of the books you buy or sell have had at least 19 different owners in the last 2 years.

I know this might be odd, but I feel that if I bought it - I should keep it for a good length of time e.g. a year before I put it up for sale. I just don't want to give either the seller or buyer an impression that I was just in it to make money off of them.

Not that I think there is anything wrong with that at all. I would just feel bad if I bought something even for $1 and two days later sold it for $3. Weird I know and thats probably why I am always broke.

Oh, I've had it at least a couple of years probably... I don't think greggy really cares either way.

I have sold two books I have purchased off the boards. The first one was a private sale to a different board member who wanted a book I had bought.

I started a thread for the other, but I PMed the person I purchased it from and let them know what I was doing and if they were okay with that.

For instance, I have greggy's undercopy of Batman #238 9.0 which is one of my childhood books. However, I've come to realize that I prefer the ACTUAL dog-eared, green duct-taped book (yes, 1/2" green duct tape along the spine) that I read as a kid to the slabbed HG copy.

If for any reason you ever come across any SA/BA comics with dark green duct tape along the spine, chances are that it used to once belong to my older brother (and me). (I sent him some of his old comic books back along with HG copies of the same books some years ago as a present so I don't know what happened to them.)

If I ever come across a midgrade Batman #238 I'll be sure to put green duct tape on it and sell it to you. ;)

If I ever come across a midgrade Batman #238 I'll be sure to put green duct tape on it and sell it to you. ;)

I doubt you could replicate this duct tape... It was tape from the 1970's... lol

I recently picked up 2 full sets of Marvel Topps stickers from the 1975-76 series... Talk about a trip into the past...

Oh, I've had it at least a couple of years probably... I don't think greggy really cares either way.

I'm not even the one who sold it to you. (shrug) You bought it from drbanner after I sold it to him years ago. I sold him a 9.2 and then he sold you this other undercopy.

I'm not even the one who sold it to you. (shrug) You bought it from drbanner after I sold it to him years ago. I sold him a 9.2 and then he sold you this other undercopy.

doh!

I started a thread for the other, but I PMed the person I purchased it from and let them know what I was doing and if they were okay with that.

what if they would have said no? :baiting:

:devil:

what if they would have said no? :baiting:

:devil:

Then he doubles the price.

Dude, you remember minute details of transactions I've long since forgotten ever happened.