• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your violent covers ******Viewer discretion is advised*****

83 posts in this topic

Not too violent perse, but certainly suggestive of the violence in the story contained within.

Crime SuspenStories covers and stories are the prime example of where Wertham had some justification for what he did. How is this title NOT like a training manual for anyone with some tendency towards serial killing?

That's true. They were short stories and to the point. Once the character decided that murder was the solution to their problems, there wasn't any time for a moral dilemma. But there was always a twist at the end proving that crime didn't pay. There were several stories told by the criminals that ended with them in a cell about to be executed for their crimes.

One of my favorites is "Blood Brothers" from CSS 21. Where a poor brother plots to kill his rich brother at his beach house. After the deed is done, he wades into the surf to wash off the blood and is promptly eaten by a shark!

;)

I'm kinda surprised no one put up Shock Suspenstories #8 (POV woman held by her hair and knife to throat)

I'd post my copy, but I'm not sure where I can upload them to get a link.

www.Photobucket.com (thumbs u

OK, I can't wait any longer. Anyone with Fight Against Crime #20, please post it. (Selling it to me immediately after that is strongly recommended.)

It and CDNP #24 are my two favorites, followed closely by CC's SuspenseStories #17.

A great thread.

OK, I can't wait any longer. Anyone with Fight Against Crime #20, please post it. (Selling it to me immediately after that is strongly recommended.)

It and CDNP #24 are my two favorites, followed closely by CC's SuspenseStories #17.

A great thread.

I bought that copy of CSS 17 off ebay recently. :P

Also waiting on a copy of FAC 20 from a board member, but I don't have it in hand yet. The seller may still have a scan of it...

A great thread.

I bought that copy of CSS 17 off ebay recently. :P

Also waiting on a copy of FAC 20 from a board member, but I don't have it in hand yet. The seller may still have a scan of it...

Great book. I once owed it before Mark (leeboy), and was wondering who purchased it.

carolinacomics

another great issue:

759_4_20.jpg