• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #1 Club
3 3

453 posts in this topic

Who else is excited for Spawn #250 & Spawn Resurrection #1???

I'm thinking I'm going to need a #250 1:50 B&W McFarlane Variant!

Also the 1:?? Spawn Resurrection B&W McFarlane, retailer exclusive or something like that.

Excitey. McFarlane Covers all day.

Who can hook me up with these in 9.8? :)

NOV140548 SPAWN #250 25 COPY CAPULLO B&W PI 02/04/15

NOV140549 SPAWN #250 50 COPY MCFARLANE B&W PI 02/04/15

DEC140604 SPAWN RESURRECTION #1 CVR C MCFARLANE B&W PI 03/04/15

Edited by TXReplicant

Today on FB Todd posted the following:

SPAWN MOVIE UPDATE!!!

You guys have heard say that I am CURRENTLY writing the new Spawn movie -script and it's going in a completely different direction than the first movie. I'm excited to FINALLY share the news with you!!!!!

I've finally crawled out of my 'hole' and TOMORROW I'll give you a little insight on the new direction.

Stay tuned.

TODD

Today on FB Todd posted the following:

SPAWN MOVIE UPDATE!!!

You guys have heard say that I am CURRENTLY writing the new Spawn movie -script and it's going in a completely different direction than the first movie. I'm excited to FINALLY share the news with you!!!!!

I've finally crawled out of my 'hole' and TOMORROW I'll give you a little insight on the new direction.

Stay tuned.

TODD

Cool

Well it was posted on April 1st, so I hope it wasn't a joke.

BTW I just joined the Spawn #1 club. Bought 4 long boxes of Copper and Modern comics and Spawn #1 was bound to be one of the treasures inside!

Fixed!

So what happened to that "tomorrow insight"?

Todd posted a follow-up the very next day:

A real (this time for sure) Spawn Movie update..no KIDDING.

You folks have be good sports during a couple of my videos trying to have some fun surrounding the Spawn Movie -script I'm doing. So, today I'm showing you exactly how I've been going about writing the -script.

Here's a quick video of my SECRET WRITING CAVE I've had for a couple months. You'll see...

1) How small the office is.

2) How single minded the decoration is.

3) All my stack of notes for the -script.

4) Hear me talking a bit about my process.

Next week I'll show you a page or two from the actual -script.

Enjoy

TODD

...and true to his word, a few days after that, he posted "a FIRST LOOK at a page from the Spawn movie -script I'm currently writing."

Hey guys, so I picked up a collection recently and included was a Spawn short box of some sort. Nothing Spawn related was in it and not much imprinted on it as to what may have once been in it. So my question is pretty much what do I have here? Thanks.

My 3D Spawn 1 lol

image_zpswoedks1i.jpg

So my question is pretty much what do I have here? Thanks.

You've got a "Collector's Storage Kit" released in the 90s to discount retailers. There were 5 different Spawn comic boxes produced, 3 that look like the one you have. You can see pics of all 5 here http://www.spawnworld.com/books/miscellanea.htm

Just scroll down to the Discount Comics section and have a look under 'Comic Boxes'.

You've got a "Collector's Storage Kit" released in the 90s to discount retailers. There were 5 different Spawn comic boxes produced, 3 that look like the one you have. You can see pics of all 5 here http://www.spawnworld.com/books/miscellanea.htm

Just scroll down to the Discount Comics section and have a look under 'Comic Boxes'.

Whoa, thanks. I was thinking there was a large statue/figure that was in there, but I never imagined all that drek in such a cool box. Thanks again.

:applause:

My set is finally fully slabbed!

Direct Edition:

ongoing001v01_cgc_98.jpg

Newsstand Edition:

ongoing001n_cgc_98.jpg

Black and White Edition:

ongoing001v02_cgc_98.jpg

3D Edition:

ongoing001v03_cgc_98.jpg

Mini Edition:

ongoing001_v04_cgc_96.jpg

Image Firsts Edition:

ongoing001v05_cgc_98.jpg

Misprint Version:

ongoing001e.jpg

Very nice!

That misprint is very cool from an early 1990s perspective, since the premium books (gold, platinum) from publishers often had no cover price.

It's like that one is a "purposeful" premium with that missing cover price box. :grin:

Any estimates on the newsstand ratios for this book? 1:20? 1:50? hm

My set is finally fully slabbed!

Direct Edition:

ongoing001v01_cgc_98.jpg

Newsstand Edition:

ongoing001n_cgc_98.jpg

Black and White Edition:

ongoing001v02_cgc_98.jpg

3D Edition:

ongoing001v03_cgc_98.jpg

Mini Edition:

ongoing001_v04_cgc_96.jpg

Image Firsts Edition:

ongoing001v05_cgc_98.jpg

Misprint Version:

ongoing001e.jpg

Very nice!

That misprint is very cool from an early 1990s perspective, since the premium books (gold, platinum) from publishers often had no cover price.

It's like that one is a "purposeful" premium with that missing cover price box. :grin:

Any estimates on the newsstand ratios for this book? 1:20? 1:50? hm

Thanks!

From what I understand, Marvel newsstand ratios in 1992 were somewhere around 10-15% of the total print run. But as newsstand issues are returnable, some of those would have been destroyed. I'd imagine Image ratios were something similar at the time, but I'm not too sure. One thing I do know for sure, it's much tougher to find newsstand editions in high grade than their direct counterparts.

Edited by lobstrosity