• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is buying a front cover worth it?

33 posts in this topic

As some of you have read, I found a coverless 1939 worlds fair comic this weekend. I found a user that has an original front cover only. Would this be worth it?

NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR COMICS -------------------------------------------

ISSUE :1939

Grade :Good

Price :$375.00

(front cover only (no interior or back cover); 1st published app. of Sandman/ blonde Superman on-c)

Here is what I got....

ScannedImage-2.jpg

Is it possible that that's the ACTUAL front cover of your book? I.E. The missing front cover?

Have you compared the staple placements?

That would be cool. :headbang:

If you can get it for 50 bucks or less...it IS a nice cover and it would increase the saleability of your copy.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Depending on the condition of the FC I would say $50-100 sounds fair.

Question I have is, is the interior missing an outerwrap wrap or two? The bottom corner has what looks to be 2 still attached corners of different art. Hard to tell from the scan.

I would post this is the GA forum, you will get a much more well rounded consensus as to what it is worth and what a FC cover should sell for.

It's a cool cover and might make it easier to sell the book, however I don't know that it will add to the profitability of the book. It might raise it by the amount the cover costs, but when all done, you are left with a very cool very low grade copy.

A 1.8 graded copy sold for just under $1,000 in May. Your copy would likely sell for substantially less. I say buy the cover if you are keeping it and want to show it off. If you are planning on selling it, don't put the money at risk.

I can also say, Sardo knows a heck of a lot more than me.