• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I think it'll hold steady for a while, but it makes you wonder if it hasn't gone crazy yet-will it ever? It's still a significant value for a relatively recent modern, and has potential.

Noble Causes Family Secrets 3a I generally pass on, give me 3b baby! Additionally, I've come across probably 20+ copies of it and have yet to find a 9.8 candidate out in the wild. Issues up to #13, 50 art adams, and 56? the wolf-man crossover are all solid pick ups. Some of his early cross overs are pretty tough, the pact, some noble causes.

#74 really picked things up in Invincible on the week, but in a way I was more pleased with Guarding the Globe. Not because of overall quality, but because of there being something else new out to enjoy. Always interested to see minor characters and new characters brought into the fold of the Invincible Universe.

Personally, I look forward to invincible more than anything else. I just love Ryans art, I never get tired of it and I learn so much from it. Invincible to me is truly a special book. The dynamic shots that are in 74 really were incredible. I wish 75 was out next week!

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've been reading Invincible since somewhere around issue 30-35 or so (I wish I knew about it from the beginning). It immediately became my favorite book, and every month it gets even better! I feel like issue 75 just cant come soon enough!

Robert's storylines are just perfect, but its Ryan's pencils that seal the deal. He blew my mind way back from the beginning, but it seems like he gets noticably better with every single issue. I can't even fathom the level of ridiculousness his art will be 10 years from now.... and he better still be drawing for Invincible by then, haha

I've bought an interior page a few months ago from issue 52... I swear when I saw Mauler get impaled... jeeeeez... I wanted that page sooo bad. Anyhow, I've got the bug, and I need more pages! And easyt, lol, I already took a peak at your CAF.... man, you're gonna have to take a break for juuuuust one month for me to buy a cover too, eventually! Pleeease! lol

Anyways, just wanted to say hey to the other fans! I look forward to discussing whats to come and whats happened! =D

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've been reading Invincible since somewhere around issue 30-35 or so (I wish I knew about it from the beginning). It immediately became my favorite book, and every month it gets even better! I feel like issue 75 just cant come soon enough!

Robert's storylines are just perfect, but its Ryan's pencils that seal the deal. He blew my mind way back from the beginning, but it seems like he gets noticably better with every single issue. I can't even fathom the level of ridiculousness his art will be 10 years from now.... and he better still be drawing for Invincible by then, haha

I've bought an interior page a few months ago from issue 52... I swear when I saw Mauler get impaled... jeeeeez... I wanted that page sooo bad. Anyhow, I've got the bug, and I need more pages! And easyt, lol, I already took a peak at your CAF.... man, you're gonna have to take a break for juuuuust one month for me to buy a cover too, eventually! Pleeease! lol

Anyways, just wanted to say hey to the other fans! I look forward to discussing whats to come and whats happened! =D

Glad to see another Invincible fan on the boards, and welcome. Not to worry, I am taking a hiatus from cover buying right now since I am getting married in May, so got to cut the art budget a bit. So have at it!

Ah congrats!

So, Im assuming you've dealt with Ryan himself on some of those covers? If you dont mind my asking, how much does he ask for covers directly? It seems splash pages pretty much asks for $1,500 by default for his covers.

I'm sure it'll be some time before I can reason myself to set aside that much cash for the art, but it'll happen eventually =D

On a side note, anyone read Guarding the Globe? I was pretty impressed with Ransom's art. Some of it was a bit sketchy, but overall, I was quite impressed. I was a bit let down that so much of the story was word for word from one of the Invincible books a bit back, but Im having fun with it. I wont ever complain about an expanded Invincible universe, haha

So, Im assuming you've dealt with Ryan himself on some of those covers? If you dont mind my asking, how much does he ask for covers directly? It seems splash pages pretty much asks for $1,500 by default for his covers.

It varies, depending on the detail and subject matter of the cover. They were much less expensive a couple of years ago, but most of the covers will be priced from $1,200-1,800.

I think it'll hold steady for a while, but it makes you wonder if it hasn't gone crazy yet-will it ever? It's still a significant value for a relatively recent modern, and has potential.

Invincible tends to swing from a single issue perspective. Right now, #1 is selling around $50, but it has done a steady $150 in the past.

Really, it's the book that should be more accepted by the comic community compared to TWD. Invincible is a super hero book. However, most comic readers still keep their Big 2 blinders on in regards to super hero books, if not all comics. As they start getting older and their tastes mature, more and more readers will be attracted to Invincible (in my opinion).

Noble Causes Family Secrets 3a I generally pass on, give me 3b baby! Additionally, I've come across probably 20+ copies of it and have yet to find a 9.8 candidate out in the wild.

Keep your eyes on ebay. Slabbed 9.8s come up every once in a while. At one point, they moved for $225-300. I recently picked one up for $60 shipped and I've seen them go as low as $40 shipped. I have raw 9.8s, but at that price, why not?

Issues up to #13, 50 art adams, and 56? the wolf-man crossover are all solid pick ups. Some of his early cross overs are pretty tough, the pact, some noble causes.

I agree with issues up to 13 with 1, 11, and 12 being the toughest to find.

Some of the second print issues, I never come across.

Also issue 50, 60 and 63 seem to be tough to find. I've been able to flip copies for about $10 pretty consistently.

Invincible remains my favorite comic. I get a bit OCD when it comes to runs of this book.

Edited by 400yrs

This title is killing me. Anyone know why so many delays? 75 was supposed to be out in July! Last week I heard it would be out Oct 20 and now I hear it isn't coming out until Nov 3rd. Great title but so many delays will hurt sales.

I'd like a raw #1 9.8 if any one has one for sale :D Also they have not done a blank cover yet have they ? Going to try & get a sketch from RYAN OTTLEY at eccc

Edited by synch

This title is killing me. Anyone know why so many delays? 75 was supposed to be out in July! Last week I heard it would be out Oct 20 and now I hear it isn't coming out until Nov 3rd. Great title but so many delays will hurt sales.

They are well behind. Considering that #74 came out in late August, there's no way this was going to make July.

Hate to break it to you, but it's probably not going to make 11/3 either. Ottley posted that the pencils and inks were finished last week. It's almost done being colored and then will take probably 3-4 weeks at the printers.

It's a double sized issue. It's con season. Ottley is probably burned out after doing on time in 09 and drawing 2 books at the same time and making a monthly schedule doing it.

Sales won't be hurt on this as much as if it were a big 2 book. People will wait for the good stuff. I'd much rather be getting quality stuff a bit late than get some fill in artist for a few books like the big 2 do.

Notice the April date on the following article and the July 21st release date:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/news/iatht75/

Well, that is part of Image's problem, I think. It wasn't that long ago when I saw the Oct 20th release date and then when I looked at the schedule again, it had changed. Why put out a Nov 3 date when they won't even be able to make that?

http://www.imagecomics.com/schedule.php?d=20101103

Ottley shouldn't be doing two books. He had enough difficulties doing one book on time. No slight against him. I love his art on this title but he isn't the fastest guy. The first issue we received this year was #70 and if what you say is true, we most likely won't have another issue out this year. That is 5 issues in one year. To me that is unacceptable. I am someone who would wait for the good stuff but I am someone who hates being jerked around too.

By the way, what other book is he doing?

He isn't doing anything other than Invincible. 75 is double sized with an incredible amount of detail that doesn't go quickly. Trust me, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

They had him doing Haunt :gossip:

But that ended 4 issues ago, I think.

He isn't doing anything other than Invincible. 75 is double sized with an incredible amount of detail that doesn't go quickly. Trust me, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

They had him doing Haunt :gossip:

Yup, ended awhile ago..