• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I just read #65 and I was kinda surprised at the uproar from fans that were posted in the fan letter section from issue #63. It seems there was a lot of hate about that issue. I haven't been reading Invincible that long, and I'm still catching up on the back issues, but I thought #63 was an excellent book. I don't think I've ever read a comic book that left that much of an impression. It did an excellent job of connecting the readers emotionally with the character. Kirkman did it right. I hope he won't restrain from later stories because of the negative feedback he got. It was really a love it or hate it issue.

I hope he won't restrain from later stories because of the negative feedback he got. It was really a love it or hate it issue.

He won't and he doesn't have to. That's why he's the best writer out there and Invincible has been THE best super hero book on the market for years now, IMO.

I hope he won't restrain from later stories because of the negative feedback he got. It was really a love it or hate it issue.

He won't and he doesn't have to. That's why he's the best writer out there and Invincible has been THE best super hero book on the market for years now, IMO.

+1 I freaking love this book.

The book's been fantastic. The fan letters they get are interesting because during the early 50's, they complained that nothing was happening. Then in the late 50's, they complained the book was getting too dark. I don't know that they're a good indicator. And the way they beat the "Eve's going to die" drum, you kind of knew something was up.

I was waiting to get actual scans of these before posting but just haven't had the time and couldn't wait anymore. Ryan Ottley, what a guy! He is my favorite artist right now and a hell of a nice guy to boot. I knew when I saw his portfolio I was going to get something and then realized I couldn't leave with just one. I absolutely loved the Conquest story...

Ryan also took a con sketch request home (his list was full) so I am anxiously awaiting that. I'll post when I get it and I'll definitley get some better scans of these soon!

"Stand ready for my arrival, worm..."

100_0980.jpg

Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 months since we've posted in this thread. Good thing I got my Ryan Ottley commision from the Baltimore Con today. Ryan wasn't able to get to my sketch during the con and offered to mail it to me. I think he felt bad about taking so long since I paid for what I thought was a pen half-figure sketch and got color and a second character. I'm just as thrilled as can be to have this piece. Does Mark looked pissed off or what? Every time I pick this up to look at it I have the uneasy feeling that he's going to pop me!

SCAN0001.jpg