• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

i must be getting cranky in my old age but i completely agree with claudio's last line. i was going to hang around until the end of the viltrumite war but after shelling out $6 for #75 and being completely underwhelmed, i'm done.

I'm not ready to be done yet but I might quit it after a few more issues. It was the only comic I bought this week and I was surprised. The guy say, "That'll be $6.48." I didn't even look at the price before buying it. I probably still would have bought it but I was pretty ticked off.

I'm totally with you on the extras.

Extras are cool if they are trying to advertise stuff and they put them in for free. But when they add other stuff they are pimping and raise the price... :sumo:

Some more comments in the spoiler tag:

I didn't like the issue that much.

Mostly because Oliver was "killed" but Invincible received waaaaaay more damage than he did in 71 or whatever and still lived.

True, Invincible was in worse shape BUT Oliver was in space and they can't breathe in space. So after he was taken out, he couldn't recover. At least that was my take on the difference.

Wouldn't Mark at least be hoping and praying that Oliver lives? That kinda pulled me out of the story for a sec. If it was my brother who took that damage, I would be figuring out how to piece him back together not crying about how he was dead.

After the Atom Eve fake death (#63) I'm still not convinced he's dead until it's verified next issue.

Aaaaand, the big bad Viltrumite is just like Conquest. Maybe he is tougher and stronger but he is essentially the same character. Ho-hum. I'm bored.

He is just like Conquest. True.

Gotta say, it's nice to see people posting in this thread. (thumbs u

Just read #75. Every time I read another issue of the Viltrumite War I'm like Flounder in Animal House.

Not sure why you guys aren't diggin it. I can't get enough. :popcorn:

I don't think Oliver is dead, but he was never my favorite so it's not a huge dead for me if he is.

I have a bit of a feeling he's not dead either, but you never know in this book. I vaguely remember Kirkman "jokingly" saying in the letters section that oliver wouldn't live past issue 78 or something... maybe he was slipping it past us!

Anyhow, I was just getting used to having him around. For a while I didnt like the kid.

But I'm totally loving the event... I'm anxious to see whats next. Seriously though, how can the Earth villains step it up after fighting the rest of the damn viltrumites?!

Anyone else read 76 yet?

I gotta say, the issue had me actually tense! I was nervous about every damn page! haha... Everything went to hell... Though Im relieved with the final casualties so far. I wonder if they can catch the Viltrumites in time...

Comments on Issue 76

Well we all knew Oliver would be alive still. No shock there.

I did think Omni-Man might bite it for a second there.

Then I completely felt let down, when they just let them go. I thought that was stupid and out of character, and frankly just a lazy convenient way to keep the remaining characters alive...

BUT.... then he brought me right back in with an interesting cliffhanger at the end. (thumbs u

Curious, what would be a good price to pay for a complete run of Invincible 1-75, plus the #1 variant, all NM/M.

A lot recently sold on eBay for 379.00(without the variant though).

Sounds like a deal, but I don't know much about Invincible.

it depends ?... Do you just want to read it or do you want to collect it ?... Perhaps sending some off to cgc to get graded ?.. Always a gamble on ebay auctions .... If you just want to read it go for the omnibus styled books :)

I was looking to do both actually. I prefer the comics to any collected versions of anything. Just a personal preference.

I'd only CGC it for a SS book.

Is it really worth reading? As good as walking dead?

It's the best super hero book out there. So if you like super hero books, it's definitely worth reading. It's different from TWD, but even better IMO.

$379 sounds like a good deal especially if they are all really NM or better. Those early issues usually have spine problems. You may be able to do a bit better, but I have an extra set of them and I wouldn't go nearly that low. The #1 variant, you should be able to get for $20 shipped with patience.

Edited by 400yrs