• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I'd suggest getting the first trade if anything just to read before you spend the cash ... Just cause you like twd does not = you will like invincible

You should actually read up to issue 13 to give it a real chance. To me, that's really the 1st arc that will give you a true feeling of the comic.

And I totally agree with 400yrs that it's not a given you'll like it because of WD. That's why I tried it too, but it stands on it's own.

I think of it more like how Spider-Man must have been to people in the 60's. A great Superhero comic about a teenager with constant problems. Not just super villains. (thumbs u

I've never read TWD, I just threw that in there because I know everybody is tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY about it.

I just wanted to get a comparison to another book that I knew people here on the boards really liked...I'm not much of a zombie guy,never saw the appeal.

I've never read TWD, I just threw that in there because I know everybody is tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY about it.

I just wanted to get a comparison to another book that I knew people here on the boards really liked...I'm not much of a zombie guy,never saw the appeal.

(shrug) everyone always assumes zombie titles are about the zombies (shrug)

What I meant was, I never saw the appeal to the post apocalyptic zombie set-up and the effects said alternate future has on humans.

What I meant was, I never saw the appeal to the post apocalyptic zombie set-up and the effects said alternate future has on humans.

:o:ohnoez::roflmao:

dic, I'd agree with the others. Give the first two trades or so a try before you make a full judgment. The first arc is a bit light... I found the art a bit hard to adjust to, and the story wasn't AMAZING yet. But after the second trade, you'll start to see where they're going with it and what really sets it apart from the rest of the superhero books. The art just gets better and better every issue somehow. The writing is nonstop quality. Even when the actions all gone, the relationships are relevant and strong. When the action comes in though, the brutality is great... it's rare to find a book where you dont know who's going to actually live. In the other books, you know everything's going to be fine in the end; in Invincible, you just never know, and it makes for real tension.

It's easily my favorite book, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. Great stuff! I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah, definitely read the 1st 3 trades to get a full idea. (Up to issue #13) It's real important to get that far to see the shape of the series.

I think the first few trades are less than 6 issues each, which is why it takes 3 TPB to get to #13. I believe the hardcover edition does go up to #13 though. (thumbs u

I'm a little more than half-way through the series now. I freaking love it. I can't speak to the recent issues (yet) but this is the most fun I've had reading a comic in I don't know how long.

It just gets better and better.

All caught up. I really didn't want it to end so now I have to wait month to month.

It is such a fantastic read.

Regarding the current arc:

Does anyone else think that Mark & Eve's baby is going to be the key to saving Earth? Kirkman has sort of teased passage of months leading up to 74 and then in 75, we're not sure how long they've been waiting on the coalition ship other than maybe a few weeks because of Oliver's healing. I haven't gone back to tally the time we're told has passed, but I'd assume it's somewhere in the area of 5-6 months on Earth. Eve's due date will be coming up pretty quick.

I'm thinking that Kirkman is hoping that most readers will have forgotton about the whole pregnancy thing.. and I'd bet that many of the readers have.

I personally don't think the baby will play any real role in saving earth... I'm guessing it'll be a mashup up all of earths heroes, the invincible reanimen, and the viltrumite virus. I'm also thinking that some of them will escape away for a future confrontation. There's nooo way that this will be the last of the viltrumites for us!