• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I bought the compendium, read the first 30 or so issues in a few days, enjoyed it, but just stopped. Cold turkey. No explanation really.

I liked it for sure but it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping.

I should finish it though.

I think the end of the 1st compendium and beginning of the 2nd is the slowest part of the series. If you're going to get bored with Invincible that's the spot. But don't give up on the series, it gets much better. (thumbs u

#'s 59-81 are a great run of issues with each storyline being great. (PowerPlex, Invincible War, Conquest, Intro of Dinosaurus, Viltrumite War, and I don't want to spoil issue #79)

Then there's a few filler issues in the early 80's then the story picks back up for the late 80's (Thragg's obsession with Invincible).

The Monster Girl and Rex storyline in the early 90's was filler. 2c

But the lead up to issue 100 and the current issues are back to being great. (thumbs u

Though I agree that the Monster Girl and Rex storyline dragged on (like that Oz backstory in Fables), it will have ramifications in the future.

Sometimes this book reminds of what I liked about the X-men so many moons ago. Kirkman is great about creating storylines and furthering them down the road (even though it appears the story moved on).

Pat

The next leg of the journey begins....

11426413603_d9583ddee6_z.jpg

I read 48-58 tonight and I want more lol

Will probably read some more later

Won't take me long to finish this one

I did a brief search online and it doesn't say if compendium 2 contains "Invincible Returns." It was a single issue that takes place in-between issues 70 and 71. It introduces the leader of the Viltrumites.

I checked in the preface and IR is included (thumbs u

I did a brief search online and it doesn't say if compendium 2 contains "Invincible Returns." It was a single issue that takes place in-between issues 70 and 71. It introduces the leader of the Viltrumites.

:applause:

Conquest approach's.....

Q: How awesome would an Invincible movie trilogy be? hm

A: Pretty awesome :)

+1

I think he is what Peter Parker/Spider-man used to be not so long ago. I also believe that they fixed PP with Ultimate Spider-man and made him fun again. The whole Invincible storyline, as violent as it can be, is plain old fun to read.

The break between #63 and #64 reading it monthly was painfull.

The wait between issue would be painful if you started this series in the beginning. Like waiting for Saga each month or our other forum favs.

+1

But the break between 63 and 64 was intense. You'll see tonight. ;)