• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

How many of you collect Ottley art?

Which piece that you own is your favorite?

I always wanted a splash of Invincible. I went the commission route instead of trying to find a published page for a bunch of reasons. One was price, but the 2nd was so I could ask him for exactly what I wanted. Ryan hooked me up in Baltimore and I couldn't be happier with the piece.

Looks just as good as a published page in my opinion. I love it. (thumbs u

I posted it earlier in the thread, but now it's been framed. :cloud9:

InvincibleRyanOttleyCommissionframed_zps79e9517d.jpg

That's an amazing commission. Ryan really has taken his commissions further and further each year.

This is mine from 2008 when his commissions were $20.

rynanottleysdcc08.jpg

Very cool!

One thing I'd say, Ryan's commissions have gotten a little too pricey. I'm amazed by his prices now.

How much are they now? Are the "Commission" level pieces $200 or are they more now?

Remember the good ol' days when you could get an Adam Hughes commission for $200... :sorry:

I helped Ryan set his commission prices. Looked at what other people are charging and comparable quality and went with it. The head sketches in Baltimore were 150.00 for a inked piece. For most of them he did more of a bust as well. He went up from there to around 450 was the highest for a full color 2 full figure piece.

I helped Ryan set his commission prices. Looked at what other people are charging and comparable quality and went with it. The head sketches in Baltimore were 150.00 for a inked piece. For most of them he did more of a bust as well. He went up from there to around 450 was the highest for a full color 2 full figure piece.

Much deserved in my opinion. He is one of the best. But man am I glad I got in on the ground floor with his art. I wish I could buy more but it's more of a decision now. And now I'm married....

That's pretty much what I was budgeting for a commission. The OA pages is a whole other ball game.

Very cool!

One thing I'd say, Ryan's commissions have gotten a little too pricey. I'm amazed by his prices now.

It's hard to say he is too pricey when his list filled up before non-VIPs at Baltimore were let in.

I guess that is true. Maybe I'm just broke…

Love the book though.

How many of you collect Ottley art?

Which piece that you own is your favorite?

I always wanted a splash of Invincible. I went the commission route instead of trying to find a published page for a bunch of reasons. One was price, but the 2nd was so I could ask him for exactly what I wanted. Ryan hooked me up in Baltimore and I couldn't be happier with the piece.

Looks just as good as a published page in my opinion. I love it. (thumbs u

I posted it earlier in the thread, but now it's been framed. :cloud9:

InvincibleRyanOttleyCommissionframed_zps79e9517d.jpg

That's an amazing commission. Ryan really has taken his commissions further and further each year.

This is mine from 2008 when his commissions were $20.

rynanottleysdcc08.jpg

Very cool!

How much are they now? Are the "Commission" level pieces $200 or are they more now?

Remember the good ol' days when you could get an Adam Hughes commission for $200... :sorry:

Thanks! My commission of Invincible was $300.

I was happy to pay it, but I'm a huge Invincible fan, love Ottley's art style, and feel my commission turned out exactly how I wanted it. So the whole transaction was perfect. (thumbs u

Very cool!

It's hard to say he is too pricey when his list filled up before non-VIPs at Baltimore were let in.

I guess that is true. Maybe I'm just broke…

Love the book though.

It can be tough to lay down that much for any artist, especially since you pay before they draw your commission piece.

But it's easier to spend more when you're a huge fan of the artist, and you've seen examples of the quality of commissions they do.

If you're just a so so fan of the artist, I understand the resistance to take the chance.

I think while Ottley's gotten expensive, he's also putting out top quality commissions now.

He may be expensive, but he's worth it. I feel he put a ton of effort into my page, so much so it looks like the quality of a published page. If you think of it that way, I got a great deal. 2c

I highly recommend getting a commission from him if you get the opportunity. (thumbs u

Angstrom is absolutely one of my favorite characters in Invincible. I really hope things get wacky in the upcoming issues and we see some characters get "stuck" in another dimension. The possibilities are endless.

I think while Ottley's gotten expensive, he's also putting out top quality commissions now.

He may be expensive, but he's worth it. I feel he put a ton of effort into my page, so much so it looks like the quality of a published page. If you think of it that way, I got a great deal. 2c

I highly recommend getting a commission from him if you get the opportunity. (thumbs u

Since I was sitting with him the entire time he worked on yours I can comment that he did put a ton of effort in to yours. He probably started and restarted to make sure he got the pose perfect at least a half dozen times, if not more.

He also ate a sandwich during it.

Moving back to the book, what do people see happening with Angstrom?

I wonder how Kirkman can top the past. But he always seems to in this book.

Pat

I can easily see alternate universe Viltrumites being brought forth by Angstrom. He did it before with Mark, so why not break out 50 alternate versions of Conquest. How sick would that be?

Pat

I can easily see alternate universe Viltrumites being brought forth by Angstrom. He did it before with Mark, so why not break out 50 alternate versions of Conquest. How sick would that be?

That would be so super sweet!!!

Pat

i dont think Rob (invincifans) could handle that! lol

Since I was sitting with him the entire time he worked on yours I can comment that he did put a ton of effort in to yours. He probably started and restarted to make sure he got the pose perfect at least a half dozen times, if not more.

He also ate a sandwich during it.

I heard about the sandwich! lol

1266194_565954453441600_1645002425_o1_zpsc6aa0191.jpg