• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

So I bought Ryan's second sketch book on eBay recently "Violence and Pinwheels"...

congrats! thats my favorite! i love seeing all the commissions collected. the main reason i buy the trades is because of the sketchbook section in the back. absolutely love that. cool seeing the process and reading a little insight as to the production of certain pages.

One of my commissions was in the most recent trade!

I'd love if Ryan put out a larger format art book with all his comissions + doodles + scribble game he does with his son. I think he could pretty easily fund a kickstarter for it, especially if he had some tiers with OA :P

Wow! I just commissioned the most amazing piece of Invincible swag! Holy hell. Won't be ready til my birthday in June. Also, got 1 piece set up for Amazing Arizona and maybe 2 set up for ECCC. This year is shaping up already!

o0o what is it Rob :P we should do a group invincible commission or something for a nice screen print or poster. I see you up in that Back to the Future one from EB :shy:

well, i want it to be as big as a surprise for you guys as it is for me. i will say this though, it is intended to be a companion for another piece of Invincible art that i have.

for some reason, i don't think the print/poster thing translates as well for comic artists. thats what OA and commissions are for. i am excited about that BTTF print though, have gotten a bunch of Ians sketch cards (6"x6"), all Invincible characters btw (he loves the series).

Pretty solid transitional issue.

I don't really like how the earth is under Robot's ruse, but excited to be going out into space again.

What am I missing on the Battle Beast splash pages? That was the battle that destroyed their house? I may need to go back and re-read the prior issue

I really liked it myself. Had a bit of everything and sets up a lot of possible future storylines. I don't know how but I swear it feels like Ryan's art gets better and better every issue.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Just read the new issues.... always good stuff from the Invincible team! Ottley is cloth as always!

Read it

Loved it (of course)

This felt like a great issue.

Lots of good content

Dialog between Mark, Eve, and Friends

Dialog between just Mark and Eve (soul searching)

Nolan in the picture

Funerals

Robot

The Immortal

Annissa (surprise)

Reflections about the future

And of course..... Interjections of Battle Beast v Thragg ongoing epic battle scenes

So, pretty much another kick Invincible issues

I love this series so much

It's honestly one of the only ones I must read the day I get it lol

PS: my Vince #1 got a grade bump on the resub from a 9.4 to a 9.6 :takeit: