• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

yeah, Invincible doesn't have the instant name recognition

Who were the Guardians of the Galaxy 18 months ago?

If it's awesome, people will come.

Couldn't agree more. Just like GOTG, there's gonna be a risk involved, but, I think it'd have a similar outcome. Because GOTG was so successful, Marvel is capitalizing with their future phases. I would absolutely love to see Kirkman utilize the whole Invincible universe in this fashion. So much potential.

UC5UGB8l.jpg

INVINCIBLE #118

STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN

ART / COVER: RYAN OTTLEY, CLIFF RATHBURN & JEAN-FRANCOIS BEAULIEU

MARCH 25

24 PAGES/FC/T+

$0.25

ONLY TWENTY FIVE CENTS!

Invincible and Atom Eve set off on the adventure of a lifetime: PARENTHOOD! They’ve taken to the stars and left their troubles on Earth behind them. As things take a drastic turn for our heroes, you’ll find yourself asking… is this book still about superheroes?

Buy 11 40 copies, and give 10 39 away to friends or other Comic readers at a shop!

I just went with what would cost the amount you normally would spend. I'll run a promotion akin to my friends in the Blue World Order in the 90's. Buy 10,000, I'll give anyone ONE for free!!!

I think it is interesting how Kirkman is telling the Spidey story. He's going to successfully prove that you can write a superhero with a kid and not kill the book. I wish someone at Marvel would read and acknowledge what Kirkman is doing.

Yeah, I take it as modern day spider-man mixed in with Ultimate Spider-Man. Also sorta like Superman but not be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.