• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Gt44BG5.jpg

INVINCIBLE #120

STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN

ART / COVER: RYAN OTTLEY, CLIFF RATHBURN & JEAN-FRANCOIS BEAULIEU

MAY 20

32 PAGES/FC/T+

$2.99

Thragg vs. Battle Beast conclusion!

(worship)

HOLY F$$$$ING .... LOVE THAT COVER!

IF THEY KILL BATTLE BEAST WE RIOT (just kidding, Battle beast dying at the hands of Thragg would make it a worthy death).

I guess I don't understand why Kirkman does that. Are all those scenes intended to be an apology or some kinda excuse? Whatever. I rather enjoyed the Art and Debbie pages, Battle Beast and Thragg battle a few more issues, ok. Last page would've been better had it not been ruined/spoiled, still great art! Next month seems to be a great spot for hopping on the series.

I have a question, hopefully some of you Invincible experts may have some thoughts.

I've been looking for a #1 9.8 blue label for a little while now. Most recently, I offered $400 for the book. I felt this to be a pretty good price considering it is a little bit above the GPA 12 month average, and GPA has logged 10 sells a year of this book each year for the last 2 years, so there was a little bit of data for them to examine.

Now, consider the most recent eBay data I can find for this book - a 9.8 recently sold for $488, $102, or a bit more than 20%, over the then current GPA 12 month average of $386. Prior to this auction closing, GPA listed the last sale for this book at $354.

After that auction ended, another #1 9.8 appeared on the bay for roughly $520 shipped. For the last few weeks, a set containing 2 9.8 #1's and a 9.8 #2 have been up with a starting bid of $1500.

Are these eBay prices an anomaly, or is GPA the anomaly? Would you expect to pay roughly $500 for a 9.8 copy of this book if you were in the market for one? Everyone in this thread loves this series and these characters, but does anyone feel like this is a realistic price hike over what GPA is tells us is a stable $350 to $375 book? To the best of my knowledge, there is no "heat" around this title, there are no serious movie or television rumors, so... what gives?

I bought mine from a boardie for $365 in the second half of 2014. He had just received it back from CGC.

I was following that auction on the bay and was surprised it went to $488. Maybe the book is experiencing an uptick, or maybe it's tax return season.

I think a 9.8 is worth $360-400, but this tends to be a book you have to pry away from the people that have them.

Overall, I think your offer of $400 is solid on the boards. Good luck in the search!

I have a question, hopefully some of you Invincible experts may have some thoughts.

I've been looking for a #1 9.8 blue label for a little while now. Most recently, I offered $400 for the book. I felt this to be a pretty good price considering it is a little bit above the GPA 12 month average, and GPA has logged 10 sells a year of this book each year for the last 2 years, so there was a little bit of data for them to examine.

Now, consider the most recent eBay data I can find for this book - a 9.8 recently sold for $488, $102, or a bit more than 20%, over the then current GPA 12 month average of $386. Prior to this auction closing, GPA listed the last sale for this book at $354.

After that auction ended, another #1 9.8 appeared on the bay for roughly $520 shipped. For the last few weeks, a set containing 2 9.8 #1's and a 9.8 #2 have been up with a starting bid of $1500.

Are these eBay prices an anomaly, or is GPA the anomaly? Would you expect to pay roughly $500 for a 9.8 copy of this book if you were in the market for one? Everyone in this thread loves this series and these characters, but does anyone feel like this is a realistic price hike over what GPA is tells us is a stable $350 to $375 book? To the best of my knowledge, there is no "heat" around this title, there are no serious movie or television rumors, so... what gives?

Yeah, I put a bid in around $430 for that book yesterday. Disappointed someone else wanted it more than me. :insane: I think it went that high because it is tax return time. That was my reason for going "all the way up" to $430 myself. Otherwise, yeah, probably currently a $400-ish book in 9.8.

I figured it may be tax money burning a hole in people's pocket as well - we'll see. I know the $520 shipped one that is up right now is a boardies, I offered him $400 but didn't hear back, so maybe he knows he can do better (though on eBay, at $520 shipped, you're paying around $70 in fees). I'm sure a lot of these books sell outside of venues GPA can track.

It's a great book - I do want one, but maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't! Time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback guys, your information is very welcome and helpful (thumbs u

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. I'd value a #1 9.8 around $500.

That definitely goes without saying.

The point is, there is a market price, and a 'I must have one at any price' price. All of my actual data points to ~ $500 being way over the "best known" market rate, which is why I wanted to double check and see if GPA was just not trustworthy on this book.

I'm interested to see what others say - thanks for chiming in!

It will . It's not readily available like Chew #1's and The Walking Dead #1's

That definitely goes without saying.

The point is, there is a market price, and a 'I must have one at any price' price. All of my actual data points to ~ $500 being way over the "best known" market rate, which is why I wanted to double check and see if GPA was just not trustworthy on this book.

I'm interested to see what others say - thanks for chiming in!

To be fair you did kinda piggyback off of BChin22 's WTB Thread. I sold him the only one I was offering at the time for $425 shipped. The $400 was fair but there's apparently a demand for this book and I'm setting my prices high.

Chances are the #1 that I have listed on eBay will sell to an international buyer as there's been interest outside the US. I've been selling runs and individual issues to Spain , Canada , Germany and ECT. I'd know, as I've probably sold as much Invincible back issues as MCS.