• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Book television movies you saw and loved as kid!

15 posts in this topic

Television or otherwise...

I luved the Hulk. I had pair of ripped up purple pajamas that I wore. I'd climb on top of my bed and brutalize my pillow like it was the Thing or some super-powered villian.

I remember the Captain America movies were cool. So was Spider-Man with Nicholas Hammond. As a kid, you didn't really care about the effects or the villians...it was just neat to see your favorite character in live action.

Anyone remember the two Justice League parodies they did? "Challenge of the Super-Heroes"..I'd love to get a copy of that tape. But it'd probably be real cheesy now.

I'd also like to see the Dr. Strange movie again. When it first was released on television this was before cable and our reception for that network (CBS or ABS) wasn't the clearest. I can't recall much about it. Maybe some of you do.

A bit off-topic, I remember when Star Wars had just been released and the local Elmores was Star Wars crazy...loads of toys and I wanted them all. My uncle managed the store, but I never got any freebies. frown.gif

But I remember when they were heavily promoting the merchandise and they actually had someone come in dressed as Chewbacca..he scared the be-jeesus out of me. I'd move as far away as possible from him and yell out 'hey, chewbacca'. But I'd never go near him. He was giant.

I thought the Hulk weekly series on TV was done really well. (I think it's still on Sci-FI channel at 6pm eastern every day). Banner always turned into the Hulk twice, always at the same time, as the bottom of the hour, and about 5-10 minutes before the show was over. I always thought Bill Bixby did a good job on the show.It was interesting when he wound up somewhere different each week.

As for Ferrigno as the Hulk, it was cheesy, but of course it was going to be with a human being playing the character. What else could you do besides put a bad wig on him, and paint him green. I recently heard Ferrigno on Howard Stern, and he was talking about how he couldn't wear ripped jeans as the Hulk (did you ever notice they were just knee high jeans, unripped?), as it would be seen as racy, or unacceptable.

Am I imagining it, or did they have a Hulk movie with Thor in it several years ago? I seem to remember watching that, and I think it had some other hero guest star in it as well.

There was one with Thor (who looked like a viking) and one with Daredevil (Rex Harris, I believe, dressed all in black, not red)...then there was the one they finished with "The Death of the Incredible Hulk" Hulk falls from a jet airliner and is killed. Yeah, right.

Thanks minutekev, I thought I remembered Daredevil in one of those movies, with the incorrect costume. I thought they did a lame job with Thor and Daredevil, honestly, although I remember getting a few chuckles out of Thor, being portrayed as more of a "regular" guy.

I remember seeing late '60s model cars with the big fins in NYC as a kid, and anytime I saw a black one, I was convinced Batman was nearby..."Mom, that's the Batmobile! Batman's here!"

I remember running up to complete strangers in Manhattan at age 4 or 5 and yelling "you sunk my battleship!" - inspired by the ad with the kids playing the game at the end of the pier...

I remember working hard to perfect the "tssskt" sound that I thought Spidey's webbing must make when it flew out of his wrist dispensers...

I loved the original "Superman vs. the Mole Men" flick, and the feature-length Batman movie from '66. George Reeve is and always will be the ultimate Superman in my mind, as Adam West will always be Batman.

The Dr Strange film came on in 1979 so did the Challenge of the Superheroes/Superheroes Roast which ran on back to back Sundays in the Holiday season 1979. The Challenge was supposed to be an action special (picture the Superfriends on jetskis) the Roast was a comedy special with Ed McMahon hosting and featured Adam West and Burt Ward reprsing their parts as batman and Robin from the 1966 show. cool.gifThe Hulk tv film with Thor was called the Return of the Incredible Hulk the one with Daredevil was the Trial of the Incredible Hulk I think the Hulk tv films are available on dvd or at least a few of them to coincide with the movie from last year.

I actually watched the David Haselhoff Nick Fury movie not too long ago; didn't turn it off and watched until the end. That says something, I think.....
gah, i sat through it as well O.o

I saw most of the ones mentioned here, thought they were just plain funny, esp that rope webbing in the Spidey "Deadly Dust" flick

i never saw the Punisher movie, but the Genertaion X flick on Fox...............aye, that was sad ;_; and i was a uber huge Gen X fan back then. I didnt want to go to school the next day -_____-

I actually watched the David Haselhoff Nick Fury movie not too long ago; didn't turn it off and watched until the end. That says something, I think.....

Is THAT what that was? With Hasselhoff wandering around in an eyepatch, half shaven and muttering? I thought it was another "Escape From..." sequel, "Escape from Rehab."