• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie question as SS's

39 posts in this topic

Okay, so here is what I have to do.

1) Obtain a High Grade copy of Batman #183

2) Get Adam West to sign it for 50 bucks plus, in front of a SS witness

Piece of cake. Then I have to do the following:

1) Find out if their is actually an Edgar Church Jr. in existence

2) Take a couple of my Mile High issues, still in their CGC slabs to:

3) A CGC SS witness, who happens to be in the same building as Edgar Church Jr., who:

4) has agreed to sign one or more of my Mile High books. then:

5) obtain the scribbling (autograph) on the correct location of the books (after agonizing for months about where the books should be signed, front cover or interior, or maybe even back cover (has that been done before?), then:

6) get them back from CGC after all of the fees, possibilities of my 9.6's becoming 9.4's or whatever, then:

7) listening to some extoll the greatness of my actions and/or listening to some denegrate me for denegrating the best existing examples of those particular issues with signatures of someone who really did not have anything to do with the production of those comics, etc, etc

hmmm: piece of cake really :). so let's get started.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to if Edgar Church had a son named Edgar Church Jr., who is not pizzed about his fathers collection being bought out for a song, so that I can start a negotiation?

3) A CGC SS witness, who happens to be in the same building as Edgar Church Jr., who:

Just keep in mind, the event would have to be pre-approved by CGC, whether it be private or public signing.

Just keep in mind, the event would have to be pre-approved by CGC, whether it be private or public signing.

You also may want to check on whether they will authenticate the sig or not. My recollection is that the person signing must have had something to do with the book. For example, I can't sign a copy of ASM 300 in front of jespersen and get it SS'd because I didn't have anything to do with it. But jonjesper could sign a copy of Kick- in front of pirate where the writer included his name in there for promoting the book and get it SS'd. I question whether the connection with the Church heir is good enough or not.

Good question. First things first though. I am checking to see if there is a Jr. I would not want it done if the child (if there is one) is not a Junior.

Another cool thing in connection with this chase, is that one of the books I would have it done to is a copy of Junior Miss #27. Maybe a son and daughter would be great on that one. Wish I had a copy titled just Junior, that was Mile High.

5) obtain the scribbling (autograph) on the correct location of the books (after agonizing for months about where the books should be signed, front cover or interior, or maybe even back cover (has that been done before?), then:

6) get them back from CGC after all of the fees, possibilities of my 9.6's becoming 9.4's or whatever, then:

7) listening to some extoll the greatness of my actions and/or listening to some denegrate me for denegrating the best existing examples of those particular issues with signatures of someone who really did not have anything to do with the production of those comics, etc, etc

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to if Edgar Church had a son named Edgar Church Jr., who is not pizzed about his fathers collection being bought out for a song, so that I can start a negotiation?

If I were you I would get an On The Scene Presents Super Heroes # 1 signed by Adam West as he is actually on the cover + the ZONK! POW! and BAM!

SUPERHEROES.jpg

I have a CGC 9.6 copy for sale for $200 ( A 9.4 sold for $230 in 2005)

If I were you I would get an On The Scene Presents Super Heroes # 1 signed by Adam West as he is actually on the cover + the ZONK! POW! and BAM!

SUPERHEROES.jpg

Cool book, even with the creepy eyes.....

SUPERHEROES.jpg

I agree with this wholeheartedly!!!! I am going to have to dig out my copy for some SS action.

Doug, you want MORE Ray Bradbury signatures? Getting your book signed actually inspired me to get a Weird Fantasy #18 signed by him last month. I may be at this West Hollywood Book Fair, you have a week, what do you have in mind?

Joel

Joel, thanks for the offer, but I've had some stuff come up that will put a big hold on doing anything for the foreseeable future. I know I have still have a nicer Weird Fantasy 20 than the one I sent, but I can't find it and I'd like to do a WF #18 as well but haven't found one that suits me yet.

Anyone have any John Byrne information? Does this guy even do signings anymore? I have a bunch of stuff I want him to sign! :frustrated:

Since 2004 when he announced that the 2004 November Mid-Ohio Con would be his last convention appearance, John Byrne has refused all requests to appear at comic book conventions. He has subsequently refused requests for private signings.

Anyone have any John Byrne information? Does this guy even do signings anymore? I have a bunch of stuff I want him to sign! :frustrated:

Since 2004 when he announced that the 2004 November Mid-Ohio Con would be his last convention appearance, John Byrne has refused all requests to appear at comic book conventions. He has subsequently refused requests for private signings.

Thanks for the info Kevin! Guess I should hold on to the Sig series books I have of him!