• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's something fun to do

18 posts in this topic

Which piece of OA do you have that's been reprinted the most?

For example, I have page 19 from Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk and It was first printed in the first print of the book and then reprinted 3 times over in the Director's cut print of the book. so that makes 3. (online media won't count. Just print media)

So who's been reprinted the most?

I know my Man who Laughs cover was used for the one shot and then the Hardcover edition and there is another printing of the TPB due out in early 2009, but I'm not sure if they will change the cover art. I think my Halloween painting may also be being used on the Halloween: Night Dance Journal.

I have the Cherry Poptart #7 painted back cover that was also used as the back cover for The Cherry Collection III (and possibly elsewhere as well).

m_a558fb2dad46dcb6430553ff3c80ec56.jpg

And here's my full gallery of Cherry art.

And my scans of (most, about five missing) Cherry comic book front/back.

So maybe being printed twice isn't super heavy reprinting, but I'm still very proud of this piece! :)

I also remembered -- I have a bunch of Pussycat artwork:

http://www.comicart.me/shaper/gallery/show/4/adventures-of-pussycat

which was reprinted in various (at least 4, for most of the stories I have) men's magazines such as "Male Annual" in the 60s and 70s. There are stamps and stickers on the back of the pages. Pretty neat.

This page with art by Bill Ward is probably my favorite of the pages I have:

l_c78ed6d9d52977f5fca904906496c14f.jpg

I've got a few that have seen print in multiple places. Things like T-Shirts, collected volumes, posters and such, but this page from X-Men #173 has probably seen the most ink time.

Along with the comic and subsequent reprints of it, it's been in countless reprint and collection volumes for both X-Men and Wolverine related books.

XMen.jpg

-e.

Okay, I'll play...I always love to note when I see art I own appear elsewhere.

This Ex Machina DPS cover was two separate covers (how do you score that? ;) ), a poster, and was given a page devoted to its creation in the special "Inside the Machine" issue of Ex Machina. It's also For Trade, so have a look at my Wantlist. :gossip:

My Green Lantern Rebirth TPB cover was the cover for the HC, the softcover, a poster, and DC Legacy card #16.

No idea how many times my V for Vendetta page has been reprinted but probably a few. ;)

So one of those three would be the most from my collection, depending on the scoring...

Well,,,,This one hurts to talk about...I parted with this piece a while back to get something else I wanted more (as our hobby is a lot of the time)...

This is a piece that I have seen reprinted more times than I can count.

k1.jpg

It was a 2 page spread in Hulk:The End,

It was the cover the Hulk: The End Hardcover

Marvel Universe Hardcover, Marvel Encyclopedia to the Hulk, The 9/11 Heroes Tribute, a Dynamic Forces Lithograph, as well as many other promotional tie-ins to the Hulk Movie...as well as being the image Marvel chose to represent the Hulk on the Marvel Website for over a year.

Such a perfect image.

C

While it is not comic per se I am proud of my Double Dragon 1 cover. This image was used on the cover for many systems when the game was released. I know it was used as the cover for Amiga,Amstrad,Commodore 64,DOS,Nintendo Gameboy,Nintendo NES,Sega Genesis, and the ZX Spectrum and I'm sure others as well that I may have I've missed. I am unaware if the image was used on any merchandise but I would be very surprised if it wasn't.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=294928

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=311835