• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brent's got an AF15 CGC 8.0 on Quality Comix

AF15 Auction  

291 members have voted

1. 1. AF15 Auction

46 posts in this topic

What would it sell for on my site?

In all seriousness, probably for whatever you priced it... even if priced aggressively. So if you priced it at $70k, you'd probably get $65/67k for it or more.

The bottom line is that any comic website who isn't running an auction site just needs to find the right buyer. If I won the power ball, I'd be an ideal client. I hate bidding in auctions. I'd pay a small premium to not have to compete or be available to bid on books at a certain time and place. I'm sure there are other high end buyers who feel the same way.

Brian: I share the exact same sentiments.

Jim

Thank you, I'm just wondering how you come to the conclusion that the AF #15 would sell for more if on another site.

Technically the 0% versus 10% does affect the net result of the sale, no? $70K nets to $63, $60K nets to 60K on Brent's site. Is there much of a difference?

I don't understand why everybody is so enamored with the Auction format lately. If a site has the ability to bid on a book and it's one you want you stand a better shot of winning it versus the auction timeline/unknown bidders out there.

But then again, everybody out there loves to think that they'll win it for the price they bid.

Thank you, I'm just wondering how you come to the conclusion that the AF #15 would sell for more if on another site.

Technically the 0% versus 10% does affect the net result of the sale, no? $70K nets to $63, $60K nets to 60K on Brent's site. Is there much of a difference?

I don't understand why everybody is so enamored with the Auction format lately. If a site has the ability to bid on a book and it's one you want you stand a better shot of winning it versus the auction timeline/unknown bidders out there.

But then again, everybody out there loves to think that they'll win it for the price they bid.

I may be wrong Bob but I think Brian was simply refering to exposure. More viewers means more buyers willing to pull the trigger, premiums or not.

And you understand all to well WHY people are enamored by the auction format, it just irks you.

:P

Too much tanning.

You mean for an 8.0? Or you personally? (shrug)

In reality it is probably what kept it from grading higher.

Wonder what it would have graded before pressing ;)

Too much tanning.

You mean for an 8.0? Or you personally? (shrug)

In reality it is probably what kept it from grading higher.

Wonder what it would have graded before pressing ;)

7.0 (shrug)

And is it just me or is that "Professionally Pressed " logo fugly?

Not to mention potentionaly inaccurate of how the book was pressed, :( I would think a simple disclaimer in the auction description noting the book was Proffesionally pressed might better serve Brent.

he has an AF15 himself on his site :banana:

http://www.highgradecomics.com/book_details.php?id=61519

Isn't/wasn't that Harry's copy?

These things are being passed around like frisbees!

Yup, and I missed it immediately!!

But, a guys gotta eat......... :(

BTW, i voted $60 - $70k............I think the PQ will keep it under $70K, but who knows with this book these days............... :o

Did that comes from Sid's too?

Did that comes from Sid's too?

Absolutely, and to the best of my recollection, I picked up the AF 15 and the JIM 83 the same day...... :o

I think it'd be cool if Harry could put some of his memories down in a thread with each book he bought.

Showcase #4, FF #1, JIM #83 etc etc.

R.