• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment

47 posts in this topic

Instead of waiting 5 years for a return on your investment if this is your only motive, the trick is to pick up 2 or 3 raw books that will grade fairly high and most likely net you a 4 or 5 times what you spent in 2 to 3 months.

Instead of waiting 5 years for a return on your investment if this is your only motive, the trick is to pick up 2 or 3 raw books that will grade fairly high and most likely net you a 4 or 5 times what you spent in 2 to 3 months.
(thumbs u

I don't collect the title but the last Justice League of America #1 6.0 sold for 956.00. If they make a movie that would be a great book to own. There are only 50 graded at the level or higher. That is not a lot of supply.

For comparison sake, Take TOS39 which was not one of Marvels A list characters until the movie.

A 6.0 sells for 2848 on the 12 month average. Plus there is 128 copies 6.0 or better. I'm not saying that JLA should have the same demand, but if the movie is hot it might.

I would say NIk nailed it. Buy some raw books that you can get graded and sell for a nice profit. I would also say that Avengers 4 is the book to have right now (AF15 withdrawn due to price).

Avengers 4 is hot and going to get hotter. So a nice raw book that you can slab for a good grade is the way to go. After that, its up to you. There are plenty of options.

Amazing Fantasy #15 in ( - 4.5 ) grade.

If you can find someone selling AF 15s in VG+ for $1k, let me know. I'll liquidate my entire portfolio on whatever stock the dealer has. :grin:

If I had $1k though, I'd definitely drop it into a nice 1.0 unrestored AF 15 (if I could even find one at the grade for that price). Book just keep skyrocketing up!

If you can find someone selling AF 15s in VG+ for $1k, let me know. I'll liquidate my entire portfolio on whatever stock the dealer has. :grin:

If I had $1k though, I'd definitely drop it into a nice 1.0 unrestored AF 15 (if I could even find one at the grade for that price). Book just keep skyrocketing up!

I *think* he said in NEGATIVE 4.5 grade as joke.

I *think* he said in NEGATIVE 4.5 grade as joke.

^^

There really is no straight answer.

Like Donut said...how much work are you willing to do? The mor eyou put in the more you get out. Asking a bunch of comic guys [or anyone] which comic to invest in is impossible to answer because nobody can read the future. I think you can find a better answer if you tell us what you like to collect/own and then buy whatever key you can buy in that price range/interest. That's the short and sweet of it, really.

R.