• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the word on the new House of Mystery?

17 posts in this topic

I picked up the 1st issue... some of the stories were really good, and the... ... what's that called... the story-containing-the-stories... that's driving me crazy.

It was a cool idea, but I wan't blown away by it.

Didn't end up continuing it tho... What's the current status?

EDIT:

"framing device!"

that's what I was trying to think of. :)

So far not much has happened, they're stuck at the house, Fig (the main character) can "talk" to houses, some masked person seems to be on their way to do some kind of mischeviousness, the house almost collapsed because it was angry, haven't seen Cain since Issue #1. Stories have been interesting though and I like the art.

I actually enjoy the short stories. The second and third issues were meh, but the fourth picked back up. The main plot itself with the house isn't enough to keep me coming back, but the short stories keep me around long enough for it to start making sense.

I like the short stories, but I think its kind of cool for the story-tellers to be involved in a plot rather than just introducing stories. The first issue where in the opening Cain has killed the host from the House of Secrets was pretty interesting. I guess if the main story is going go slow, I would want more short stories and a longer book.

I'm hopeful that the series will be fully realized. I do believe they should pick up the pace a bit. Some of the stories were....weird. I almost feel like I need to seriously analyze some of the stories to "get it"--which is both good and bad.

I'm going to stick with it...I'm happy this format is back on the stands and will remain hopeful for the pace to increase.

Its was nice to se them use the story section to give some background on a recurring character, although I didn't expect it to be the bouncer girl first. They bbrought the pace up a tad, I'll hang on for the next issue.