• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! ASM 5 - CGC 7.5

88 posts in this topic

I am willing to offer you more than your original asking price if you will take $1051 :takeit:

spideyinacase, you've got the right idea.

I don't mind coming off the asking price some if others would like to make other offers.

Keep in mind, there will be no shipping fees, nor will I charge any additional fees for using Paypal as I've noticed others will sometimes do here when selling items.

If someone can hit that sweet spot somewhere between current offers and current asking price, we'll have a win/win transaction and will both be happy. :grin:

Keep in mind, there will be no shipping fees, nor will I charge any additional fees for using Paypal as I've noticed others will sometimes do here when selling items.

I've rarely seen anyone asking additional fees from people using paypal, what I have seen is people offering discounts to buyers not using paypal.

Big difference

True. I see people discounting 3% if paying by check or MO but I rarely see people charging more if using Paypal (shrug)

Your book, your selling thread and I never butt in on someones selling thread but, listing and selling this book for a price and then reselling it a few days later for a higher price because the transaction fell through, is just wrong on so many levels (shrug)

I don't think it's wrong. Once the old transaction is null and void he is free to do what he wants with the book.

That's my opinion. Free country (or so we think) and he's free to ask what he wants.

I personally don't think the price was too cheap for the seller as anywhere else he'd be paying a consignment fee and netting the same money. It's common to offer books here at full pop minus a consignment fee over here..unless it is a really tough book to find, then you can set your price and wait for buyers to duke it out. In this case this is not a tough book by any stretch of the imagination.

R.

True. I see people discounting 3% if paying by check or MO but I rarely see people charging more if using Paypal (shrug)

Your book, your selling thread and I never butt in on someones selling thread but, listing and selling this book for a price and then reselling it a few days later for a higher price because the transaction fell through, is just wrong on so many levels (shrug)

How so Nik? If he pulled the book and didnt follow through on his deal with Brent then I would call foul. But Brent backed out, the guy rethought what he was selling and upped the price.(unless he backed out on backup offers I am not aware of I see no problem with this at all)

He is not forcing anyone to pay his price, he simply put his book up for his asking price. If he is guilty of anything it was offering it for sale too low originaly, and when given a second chance he changed his mind.

How is that wrong on so many levels? Aside from not offering the same sweet deal here on the boards so somebody else can flip it for more money in a few weeks of course. Because I doubt Brent was buying it for "his collection"

:baiting:

And just curious, did Joseph land the book?

I don't think it's wrong. Once the old transaction is null and void he is free to do what he wants with the book.

That's my opinion. Free country (or so we think) and he's free to ask what he wants.

I personally don't think the price was too cheap for the seller as anywhere else he'd be paying a consignment fee and netting the same money. It's common to offer books here at full pop minus a consignment fee over here..unless it is a really tough book to find, then you can set your price and wait for buyers to duke it out. In this case this is not a tough book by any stretch of the imagination.

R.

I certainly don't think it was "wrong", but it definitely was a little perplexing. :screwy:

But maybe that's just me. :insane:

I don't see a problem with selling the book for more second go round if the original buyer backed out. Chris probably had a number of buyers P.M. him or comment in the original selling thread that the price was a steal so he raised his price. $400 is quite a large bump up but I'm predicting that the book will hammer out at $1250. Selling price pool time, what do you think the actual selling price will be?

I wouldn't be too happy with the original buyer backing out of a fairly large $$ transaction.

I agree with you Roy, and Zeman. A lot of us newer guys are not aware of the gpa analysis ( I am now, and it is a great comic buying tool), and if a certain book has not sold in the last 30 days or so, its hard to find out the accurate value of the time of sale. The original buyer backed out...

All those going to B'more show this weekend, hope you all have fun!!!

:takeit: at $1150 :wishluck:

That post was not a joke, but a serious offer. :gossip:

As a newbie, I need to ask----- is this an acceptable way of bidding? It is OK to post :takeit: and a less than full offer price? I normally receive PMs with reduced offers. And, then there is the issue of reduced offers in response to a FIRM price. I'm just trying to lern my way. Thanks

:takeit: at $1150 :wishluck:

That post was not a joke, but a serious offer. :gossip:

As a newbie, I need to ask----- is this an acceptable way of bidding? It is OK to post :takeit: and a less than full offer price? I normally receive PMs with reduced offers. And, then there is the issue of reduced offers in response to a FIRM price. I'm just trying to lern my way. Thanks

This type of offer should be made via pm

It is his book.