• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anyone knows how rare a 75 cent variant edition of G.I. Joe 13 is? I have one but haven't seen any info on it anywhere else.

thanks,

D. Henry

The Henry Farm - we grow ideas

To my knowledge, G.I. Joe #13 wasn't reprinted.

Is it the Canadian version? You may just have a foreign variant. (thumbs u

Here's a question for you Joes. What are all of the Larry Hama created silent issues? There is the original #21 and #85 in the first series. Are there any other silent issues he created from any of the other companies? :gossip:(shrug)

Wasn't that GI Joe 21.5 comic in the toy packs a silent issue written by Hama as well (I could be incorrect with this one...)

(as a kid I remember taking 21 back to the comic store and telling the shop owner that they misprinted 21 and left out all the writing! :makepoint:lol - I wasn't a big fan of the silent issue as a youngster but it is one of the coolest Joe stories ever!)

Hama did write the #21.5 issue that was included in the second Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow comic pack of the 25th Anniversary figure line.

There is also a silent story by Hama in G.I. Joe Yearbook #3 from the original series--Storm Shadow, Scarlett and Timber attempt to rescue Snake Eyes from Cobra after he's been run through the brain wave scanner.

Edited by HEAT Viper

I just watched the extended blu-ray edition of G.I. Retaliation and it is so much better than the theatrical version. I did like the movie version and am not usually a fan of extended cuts but it's awesome.

There are 2 big scenes cut right from the beginning. The first is a scene where Duke, Flint and Roadblock are in a bar giving each other a hard time right after the opening scene. It was really good and gives more insight to how they perceive each other and their roles within the group. The next scene cut is right after that, it's a great fight with Snake Eyes & Jinx, there's actually a lot more to that part but I don't want to spoil anything. There's other stuff cut from the original as well but again I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to see it. Anyway, if your a Joe fan or even just going to watch it for the first time then I definitely recommend going with the extended cut.

Bought a bunch of filecards and this was a neat item I found in them. The American one for the 6 pack of driver figures for a mailway came with individual redcards. Right now I assume the Canadian set came with all filecards on one sheet since no pictures of it anywhere. Had about 20 people already contact me to try and buy it.

139438.jpg.565d84fe8dc9ca2baf1e71de90d75ab0.jpg

I think I have to start off my comment with a pure WOW!!

Great to see all of the GI Joe collectors here, I just got back into comics after a couple of years hiatus, went to a local show and the bug was back. I've spent the last couple of months opening up old boxes of comics and toys, inventorying things and deciding where I'm going to focus. Without a doubt GI Joe will be one of those things and it looks like I'll be in good company here!

Joe was the first comic I ever collected, and while it's nothing compared to the Registry sets here, I did just complete my full run of ARAH at that recent show with the vast majority of those being my original collection - so while the conditions are weak it'll always mean more that way. That said I do think I'll be taking a stab at picking up some CGC versions and even SS versions of some of the key issues as I save up. I also found a few boxes of the vehicles and figures that never found there way into garage sales, most of those I'll move eventually and focus on the comics, but at the moment I'm intending to keep my favorite characters and try to chase down carded versions at some point. My favorites are Beachhead and Firefly, but I'll also likely keep other close seconds of Shockwave, Hit & Run, Lowlight, Tunnel Rat and the Alley Vipers. We'll see how that goes.

That's all for now, just wanted to announce my presence before switching back to part time lurker. I'll definitely be back to post in this thread as I make acquisitions.

Off topic but anyone on here play the G.I. Joe Battleground game? I just love seeing the classic Joes and Cobras back in action. :cloud9:

Yeah its pretty cool for the collecting of the cards. The battles get repetitive though. Like the epic cards with the animations plus they use artwork from 1982 all the way up to modern joe.

I think I have to start off my comment with a pure WOW!!

Great to see all of the GI Joe collectors here, I just got back into comics after a couple of years hiatus, went to a local show and the bug was back. I've spent the last couple of months opening up old boxes of comics and toys, inventorying things and deciding where I'm going to focus. Without a doubt GI Joe will be one of those things and it looks like I'll be in good company here!

Joe was the first comic I ever collected, and while it's nothing compared to the Registry sets here, I did just complete my full run of ARAH at that recent show with the vast majority of those being my original collection - so while the conditions are weak it'll always mean more that way. That said I do think I'll be taking a stab at picking up some CGC versions and even SS versions of some of the key issues as I save up. I also found a few boxes of the vehicles and figures that never found there way into garage sales, most of those I'll move eventually and focus on the comics, but at the moment I'm intending to keep my favorite characters and try to chase down carded versions at some point. My favorites are Beachhead and Firefly, but I'll also likely keep other close seconds of Shockwave, Hit & Run, Lowlight, Tunnel Rat and the Alley Vipers. We'll see how that goes.

That's all for now, just wanted to announce my presence before switching back to part time lurker. I'll definitely be back to post in this thread as I make acquisitions.

Welcome!!!!

I was very happy to hear my GI Joe set had been recognized as one of the Best Copper Age Set this year!

I have to truly thank several of you other boardies and Joe fans that have helped me assemble this set through the years!!! Much appreciation my friends!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=3481&CGC-Registry-Winners-2013

:foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou:

I was very happy to hear my GI Joe set had been recognized as one of the Best Copper Age Set this year!

I have to truly thank several of you other boardies and Joe fans that have helped me assemble this set through the years!!! Much appreciation my friends!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=3481&CGC-Registry-Winners-2013

:foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou: :foryou:

congrats! You'll run out of space for all the awards soon!!

Not hard at all. It's the 2nd print that's tough to find.

If, during your quest, you find a 2nd print of (Marvel's) GI Joe #21 you get ahold of me for some serious offers!

To my knowledge it is the only GI Joe book I do not own and I have been looking for it for a decade! I'm starting to think this only exists in the land of unicorns!!! 1st and 3rd prints are common; 2nd print apparently non-existent.

(my OCD is going to drive me to the crazy house!!! :insane: )

G.I. Joe #21 second printing does not exist. Only 1st and 3rd.

(In other words, all the third printings would technically be second prints. But since they all say "Third Printing" on the 1st page, that's how they are labeled.)

Not hard at all. It's the 2nd print that's tough to find.

If, during your quest, you find a 2nd print of (Marvel's) GI Joe #21 you get ahold of me for some serious offers!

To my knowledge it is the only GI Joe book I do not own and I have been looking for it for a decade! I'm starting to think this only exists in the land of unicorns!!! 1st and 3rd prints are common; 2nd print apparently non-existent.

(my OCD is going to drive me to the crazy house!!! :insane: )

G.I. Joe #21 second printing does not exist. Only 1st and 3rd.

(In other words, all the third printings would technically be second prints. But since they all say "Third Printing" on the 1st page, that's how they are labeled.)

Other info...

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Topic176295.aspx

http://forum.stlcomics.com/viewtopic.php?t=5428&sid=1f789749f456bab662540d1350f8a926

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/2ndprints.shtml

http://gijoe21.com/printings.htm

Absolutely no "confirmed" information either way but after looking for this baby for the last decade I have decided to treat it like bigfoot; I'm all for believing in it if someone shows me some proof! lol

Perhaps some GI Joe fans can answer a question. I remember in the 80's GI Joe being a hot comic, and GI Joe #2 was really HOT. At one point I think I remember being like $60, which was a lot of money back then.

What was up with that?

It had a smaller print run than the first issue, and not as many people bought second issues as they did first issues. When the book got hot, it was harder to find a #2 than it was to find a copy of #1. For the longest time CGC graded copies of #2 sold for more than #1s also.

Perhaps some GI Joe fans can answer a question. I remember in the 80's GI Joe being a hot comic, and GI Joe #2 was really HOT. At one point I think I remember being like $60, which was a lot of money back then.

What was up with that?

It had a smaller print run than the first issue, and not as many people bought second issues as they did first issues. When the book got hot, it was harder to find a #2 than it was to find a copy of #1. For the longest time CGC graded copies of #2 sold for more than #1s also.

Cool, thanks. What sucks is I too bought every #1 I could find. I bought #1 at 7-11, and then the next month I saw a whole stack of #2. I said meh... and moved on. :facepalm: